Chapter Sixty-Five: The Wedding Dress

Opening the front door to Lydia, Coleen and Roxanne, Elena glared at her best friend wondering why they had to leave so early to go dress shopping; she'd been up most of the night with Arabella and just wanted to go back to sleep. 

"Good morning, did you remember to put on nice underwear?" Lydia asked making Elena stare at her while Roxanne and Coleen laughed between themselves about the bluntness of the question. 

Rolling her eyes, Elena nodded as Robin appeared carrying Arabella down the stairs, since the women were all going dress shopping, the men were going to spend the day together with the children. 

"So what's the plan today?" Robin asked while Elena went to make sure that there was enough bottled milk for while she was out for the day; she didn't want Robin seeing the dress before their wedding day. 

It might have been silly but Elena was looking forward to seeing his face when she walked down the aisle; they hadn't had that moment and she was excited about it. 

"Wedding dress shopping, it's the last thing that we need to get before the wedding," Lydia revealed with a smile, there was only a month left until the wedding and everything had fallen into place; she was relieved that everything was nearly done. 

Elena took a deep breath as she returned, she was a little worried that she hadn't found a dress that she adored yet; they were slowly running out of time to find the perfect dress. 

"I'll see you later," Elena mumbled kissing Robin on the lips, her friends smiled as they looked at the couple; after everything that they had been through it was nice to see them still completely in love. 

No one had thought that this would work and with the final run down to the wedding happening, it was nice to see how relaxed Elena and Robin were about all of this.

Ushering Elena out of the house, Lydia knew that they needed to get a move on if they were going to find a dress in time; time was running out and they need to find the dress especially if it need any changes to it. 

Coleen followed them out of the door, her mobile in hand while she texted Wayne to make sure that he was okay with Kai and Julianna; she didn't want to leave him on his own with their children for too long. 

Moving to follow after the others, Roxanne found herself being stopped by Robin before she could leave the house; she gave him an odd look wondering what he wanted before he fished out his bank card and handed it to her. 

"Here's my bank card. Buy Lena a gorgeous dress, knowing her she'll tell you she doesn't want an expensive dress for the wedding. I don't care about the cost; I cheated her out of a wedding dress last time, I want her to have a dress that she loves this time. I'm counting on you to make sure it happens," Robin insisted knowing that he wanted her to have what she wanted. 

Roxanne smiled at him and slowly took the card, she put it quickly into her pocket so that she wouldn't lose it before Lydia called for her to hurry up; she couldn't believe how sweet Robin was being and she guessed that nearly losing Elena had changed him. 

Things had been so peaceful since he had come home and Arabella had been born, Roxanne could only hope that the wedding would now go off without a hitch. 

Roxanne stepped out of the house, she wondered briefly what dress Elena had worn for her first wedding to Robin; the brunette had never disclosed it and it made her curious, she made a mental note to ask her when she had the chance.

***

Stepping out of the changing room in the wedding dress shop, Elena frowned looking at her friends faces; she was wearing a white mermaid sweetheart court wedding dress and she felt so out of place in it.