Chapter Fifteen: Meeting the In-Laws

Robin smiled as his mother as she walked towards him alongside her was his father who looked annoyed at having to travel alongside his ex-wife; they had travelled to England to see their son for his birthday and to meet his wife of a month. 

"Mum, Dad," Robin greeted moving to help José Ras with her bag and nodded at his father; Elena had been called away with work and hadn't been able to accompany him to pick his parents up from the airport. 

"Robin," José Ras greeted in a stiff tone in her voice looking around trying to spot her new daughter-in-law, however she frowned when she wasn't able to see her around. 

José Ras wasn't sure what to make of the fact that her son had gotten married, she had no idea what to think about the woman that had wormed her way into Robin's life from out of nowhere. 

"Elena sends her apologises, she was called into work this morning and couldn't make it," Robin explained making José Ras purse her lips as she looked at her ex-husband who rolled his eyes. 

Robin knew that she didn't approve of the new woman in Robin's life but Robin had never listened to them before and probably wouldn't now. 

"Bouchra says that she's a receptionist," José Ras stated making Robin stiffen at the mention of his ex-wife; he frowned as he looked at his parents wondering what Bouchra had been saying to his parents about Elena. 

"She is," Robin confirmed making his mother frown before Bob van Persie quickly changed the subject and asked his son about how training was going; he could sense a fight brewing and he didn't what to ruin this trip. 

They headed towards Robin's car as Robin checked the time, he had dropped his wife off at work this morning and had promised to pick her up when her shift finished at twelve. 

"Mum could you please give Elena a chance, ignore whatever Bouchra has told you about her," Robin asked as he stopped his mother from getting into the car; José Ras stared at him, she hadn't heard anything that made her want to give her new daughter-in-law a chance.

***

Elena shifted nervously as José Ras glared at her; the brunette had just arrived home from her job as a receptionist and Robin hadn't wasted a moment, before he had introduced Elena to his parents. 

"Elena is it?" José Ras said making Robin glanced at her while he moved to put the kettle on; Elena nodded as she sat down, she was still wearing her work clothes since she had just gotten home. 

"Yes, it's nice to finally meet you both," Elena said making José Ras purse her lips while Bob smiled at the younger woman who looked a little nervous; he moved to help Robin leaving the two women alone. 

José Ras stared at Elena until her son and ex-husband returned, Robin sat next to Elena and offered her a smile as he took her hand and gave it a squeeze; he was sure his mother would get over this. 

"So Elena you are a receptionist," José Ras said making Elena nod as she felt Robin stiffen next to her and that worried her; he looked at his mother wondering what she was getting at. 

Elena had been warned that Bouchra had been speaking with Robin's parents, she had no idea what Bouchra might have said but she wasn't stupid and she knew that Bouchra would have only been bad mouthing her in some way. 

"Did you always want to be a receptionist?" José Ras asked making Elena stare at her, she knew that the older woman wouldn't like her if she had been talking with Bouchra; but she didn't know what the older woman was after. 

Bob was silent as he watched his ex-wife, he had no idea what was going to happen but he had a feeling that Elena was here to stay no matter what José Ras.