Chapter Sixty-Nine: The Big Day

Elena took a deep breath trailing her hands along the ivory A-line V-neck appliques court lace wedding dress that she was wearing; she had paired the dress with golden waterproof high-heeled sandals stiletto shoes. 

Her hair was styled in an elegant up-do with her grandmother's crystal wedding hair comb placed in her hair along with her mother's white elbow wedding bridal veil with lace applique edge. 

"You look beautiful," Allison gushed stepping into the room in Thornton Manor, where Elena was getting ready for her wedding. 

Allison couldn't believe how beautiful her daughter looked as the brunette waited for the moment where she would be reunited with Robin; it wouldn't be long now and the wedding was growing closer. 

"You have everything... your something new, something old, something borrowed, and something blue?" Lydia asked making Elena nod her head; she knew that her friend was just trying to help but Elena wanted to see Robin again. 

"Something new is my dress, something old is my grandmother's hair clip, something borrowed is my mother's veil and something blue is the jewellery that José Ras made for me," Elena replied making Lydia smile and nod her head as she looked at her best friend; she couldn't believe that this day was finally here. 

Lydia was dressed in chocolate chiffon A-line sashes maid of honour dress while Coleen, Roxanne and Daniela were dressed in chocolate ruched A-line knee-length straps bridesmaid dressed for the wedding. 

A knock on the door made the group fall silent before Elena's father stepped into the room, tears filled his eyes looking at his daughter; he couldn't believe that today was her wedding day. 

Elena took her deep breath, she couldn't believe how quickly it was all happening and it was time for her to make her walk.

***

Lydia grinned handing Elena her green-white silk cloth wedding bouquet before she hurried to get into her position as the wedding march sounded; Elena took a deep breath as her friends walked ahead of her down the aisle. 

"Don't let me fall dad," Elena whispered looking at her father, who nodded his head as he offered her a small smile before he walked her down the aisle. 

Robin couldn't keep the smile off his face as he watched Elena walk towards him, she looked beautiful and he was so happy that they had decided to do this. 

"We are gathered here today in the face of this company, to join together Robin van Persie and Elena Alyssa van Persie in matrimony; which is an honourable and solemn estate and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and soberly. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" the Celebrant said opening the wedding. 

Elena stared for a moment surprised to see it was the man that had married them in Las Vegas; she didn't know how he got here for their wedding but she had a feeling that it was down to Lydia. 

"We do," Elena's parents said before they handed her off to Robin, who grinned staring at his wife; he didn't care that this was their second wedding, it felt like the first to him. 

There was so much that Robin wished that he could say and he couldn't wait to have a moment alone with Elena later on.

"Robin van Persie, do you take Elena Alyssa van Persie as your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?" the celebrant asked making Robin grin as he looked at Elena; he didn't know how he had coped without her by his side the night before. 

"I do," Robin said making Elena smile at him as he took her hands, she much preferred this wedding to their first and it meant the world to her that he had wanted to do this for her. 

"Elena Alyssa van Persie, do you take Robin van Persie for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?" the celebrant asked as Robin rubbed the back of Elena's hand with his thumb, he knew that this didn't change anything but he felt closer to her than ever before because of this. 

"I do," Elena said making a couple of people sniff, she could already see her mother tearing up on the front bench, and her father smiling sadly as he watched his only child marry the love of her life. 

Robin's mother watched the couple sadly before she glanced at her ex-husband wondering if they had ever stood a chance like Robin and Elena; she knew that everything had happened for a reason and maybe they weren't meant to be like their son and Elena. 

"I, Robin van Persie take thee, Elena Alyssa van Persie, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part, and thereto I plight thee my troth," Robin said reciting his vows, he continued to smile at Elena; she was one of the most important things in his world.

"I, Elena Alyssa van Persie, take thee, Robin van Persie, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part, and thereto I plight thee my troth," Elena recited her vows back to Robin. 

There wasn't long left in the wedding since the couple had already exchanged rings and there were only some small things left to do.

The celebrant smiled looking between the couple, he was happy that his gamble had paid off and now he was marrying them a second time; it had been a surprise when he had been asked to do so. 

"May this couple be prepared to continue to give, be able to forgive and experience more and more joy with each passing day, with each passing year, Robin and Elena, are continuing their married life together, we hope that they may have loving assistance from their family, the constant support of friends, and a long life with good health and everlasting love. In so much as Robin and Elena have consented to live forever together in wedlock, and have witnessed the same before this company, having given and pledged their troth, each to the other, I pronounce that they are husband and wife," the celebrant said making the couple grin at one another knowing what this meant for them both. 

"You may now kiss the bride," the celebrant said allowing Robin to pull Elena into a kiss, everyone around them cheered as they watched the couple. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the loving couple. Mr. and Mrs. Robin van Persie," the celebrant concluded as Robin pulled back slightly from Elena to tell her how much that he loved her; the brunette kissed him softly before she replied that she loved him more. 

The two didn't care how much they had been through the last year all that mattered was that they were now able to stand here together with their family and friends.