Chapter Twenty-Five: Elena's Doubts

Roxanne grinned sitting across from Elena as they sat out on the decking in the back garden; the two were becoming fast friends and were currently enjoying the warm late September sun. 

"So are you excited about becoming a mummy?" Roxanne asked sipping on her coffee, the four children where in the garden playing; things were nice right now and she hoped that they stayed that way. 

Roxanne knew that this was all new to Elena and it was going to take her some getting used the changes; being pregnant and in the lime-light wasn't as easy as everyone thought. 

"I am, I'm a little a worried about the labour though," Elena replied setting down her drink, the last couple of days since her parents had gone back to London; she had starting thinking about her marriage to Robin. 

Roxanne looked at her wondering what was bothering Elena, she had noticed it a lot recently since Elena had her first scan; she assumed that it was down to the massive media presence in her life now. 

"Whatever it is you can talk to me," Roxanne said comfortingly, it was hard for anyone when they didn't have someone to talk to and she didn't want Elena to struggle in anyway. 

Elena nodded sipping on her decaf tea as she turned her attention to the children, she knew that there was one thing that she couldn't talk to Roxanne about and it was the one thing playing on her mind. 

"It's nothing," Elena murmured making Roxanne frown, it was clear to her something wasn't right and Elena was covering it up; sighing the older brunette set down her drink and watched the younger woman. 

"Elena, if you ever need to talk I am here," Roxanne reassured her making Elena nod as she tried to ignore the nagging feeling within her; she couldn't tell Roxanne the truth and that hurt. 

The two friends sat in silence for a while before they heard the front door slam causing Elena to stiffen, she had not been looking forward to this visit since Robin had told her about.

"That will be Robin with Bouchra and Ewan," Elena mumbled making Roxanne furrow her brow, she stared at Elena remembering a little about Robin's ex-wife; she was a little surprised that Bouchra had made the trip to Manchester. 

"What time did you say Nem was coming to get you?" Elena asked, she really didn't want to have to face Bouchra or Ewan alone, she was all too aware that the Moroccan-Dutch didn't like her and she doubted that she ever would. 

However it was her fiancé that scared the crap out of her, there was something about Ewan that unsettled Elena; she had no idea how Bouchra could be around a man like that. 

"Elena, what a pleasure to see you again," Ewan greeted stepping into the back garden, while he ignored Bouchra who was complaining to Robin about his decision to move up to Manchester. 

Roxanne eyed Ewan and she couldn't believe that Bouchra had dumped Robin to get with a man like this, she had no idea what the other woman saw in him. 

"I'm Ewan McDonald, what's your name beautiful?" Ewan asked when he spotted Roxanne; he smirked approaching the two women making Elena shift uncomfortably recalling what had happened the last time that she had seen him. 

"Roxanne Vidic, I'm a friend of Elena's," Roxanne said carefully keeping an eye on Jayden and Eva; she could understand why her friend was suddenly uncomfortable, there was something about Ewan that just didn't seem right about him at all. 

Ewan smirked leaning closer to Roxanne who glared at him, she wanted to punch that smug look off his face before he decided to do something stupid.

***

Elena crossed her arms watching Bouchra ignore her two children, it was only to clear why Bouchra was here and it had little to do with Shaqueel and Dina; she wanted to spend time with Robin and little less. 

Robin kissed Elena's tanned neck making her look at him, she forced a smile as he pulled her close and cuddled her to his body; the couple ignored Bouchra's glare as they kissed again. 

"Are you okay?" Robin asked concerned, he had picked up that something was bothering his wife just before Roxanne had taken Jayden and Eva home after she had gotten sick of Ewan attempting to flirt with her. 

It didn't surprise Robin that Bouchra wasn't even attempting to control Ewan, he wasn't going to let that man anywhere near Elena if he could help it. 

"I'll tell you later," Elena whispered softly making him nod as Bouchra stared at them, Robin knew that his wife wasn't comfortable with his ex-wife and her fiancé being here. 

However Robin could also see that there was something else bothering Elena, it wasn't just that Bouchra and Ewan hovering around their home. 

 "So Robin, I saw your last match congratulations on the goal," Bouchra purred approaching her ex-husband, who flexed his grip around Elena; he didn't know what the Moroccan-Dutch wanted but he wasn't giving it to her not when she had been the one to end things. 

"Thanks, I thought you were here to see the children," Robin said making Bouchra pout as she stared at him, she would have thought that he would have dropped everything like he usually did when she complimented him. 

Bouchra huffed before she stalked into the living room leaving the couple alone for a moment; Elena rested her head against Robin's shoulder, she couldn't wait until the Moroccan-Dutch and Ewan headed to their hotel for the night.

***

Robin watched Elena concerned as she sat on the bed quietly, she hadn't been the same since her parents had headed back to London two days before and now he was starting to worry about her. 

"Lena," Robin murmured softly approaching her, the brunette looked up at him and bit her lip nervously; she had to talk to him about this before things got any more serious. 

Robin carefully sat next to her and kissed her softly, he would do anything if it meant that it would make her feel better; he didn't want her worrying over silly little things.

"I'm just a little lonely, Coleen and Roxanne are great but I want to be able to talk to someone about us," Elena said awkwardly, she felt so silly and she knew that it wasn't going to happen since they didn't want this getting out. 

Robin sighed resting his head against hers, he knew what she meant; ever since his transfer to Manchester United; Robin had missed the support that he had, had from Jack and Theo who had been there when they had drunkenly gotten married. 

Here they didn't have anyone and as far as Robin's new team-mates and their spouses knew, the story that they had been given was the truth. 

"I'm here for you no matter what happens, I love you," Robin said trying to reassure her; he wished that he could say more, do more to make her feel better but it didn't change the fact that if they were alone here. 

"I know I love you too," Elena said softly, she truly did and she was happy with Robin, she just wanted to be able to talk to someone honestly about her marriage to the Dutchman. 

Robin kissed her softly, it was clear that the insecurities that he felt weren't just his own but Elena's as well; everything was moving so fast for the couple and there wasn't much that they could do to slow it down.