Chapter Six: Back in London

Elena yawned as the plane landed at London Heathrow Airport, it had been a ten and a half hour flight from Las Vegas and she was exhausted; she rubbed her eyes peeking at Robin who was waking up as well. 

"What time is it?" Elena asked tiredly while Robin stretched as he looked at his wife, she ran a hand through her hair in an attempt to tidy it without her hair brush; she could only imagine how many paps were waiting for them outside the airport. 

"Quarter past eleven," Robin mumbled making Elena nod tiredly, he smiled softly as they removed their seatbelts; he knew that this would be where things would get difficult for them. 

The couple were going to have to tell everyone that they knew about their marriage, if they hadn't already heard about it; in some cases, Robin knew that people wouldn't be pleased about the sudden marriage. 

Stepping off the plane, Elena held back a shiver remembering how cold England actually was compared to Las Vegas; Robin wrapped his arm around her in an attempt to warm her as they walked into the terminal. 

Elena leaned into his touch, his warm body making her want to fall back asleep as she closed her eyes for a moment; Robin smiled softly before he squeezed Elena's shoulder to wake her. 

"Don't fall asleep yet," Robin murmured making the brunette look at him tiredly as she nodded her head while she tried to stay awake; he didn't blame her for being exhausted as it had been a long day. 

It didn't take the couple long to pass through passport control and the security where quick to congratulate the couple of their marriage before they headed to collect their suitcases and headed out of the airport. 

They hurried to Robin's Porche Cayenne, which had been left in the car park of the airport while he had been away on holiday; the paparazzi followed after the couple, eagerly shouting questions as they tried to learn more about Robin's marriage.

Elena sighed in relief sitting in the car, she knew that this was going to be her life until she was divorced from Robin; she wasn't sure that she would get used to people wanting to know about her personal life. 

"How far away do you live?" Elena asked pulling on her seatbelt, Robin glanced at her as they left the airport car park and he knew that things would be strange for a little while. 

Elena yawned softly, she would have to talk with her parents this week about her marriage and move in with Robin; she could only imagine how they would feel about what she had gone and done. 

"About forty minutes away," Robin replied softly, Elena nodded wondering how they would work this out; she would have to pop by her apartment to pack up her things at some point. 

Elena recalled hearing talk about a move to Manchester City at the minute and there was no guarantee that Robin would be staying in London since he had asked for a transfer away from the capital. 

The drive was silent for the rest of the drive, Elena wasn't sure how she managed to stay awake but she was surprised to see the size of Robin's house; it was twice the size of her parents' home. 

Robin sighed pulling into the gate that closed behind them, he knew would probably be a shock for her; he made more in a week than she did in an entire year. 

"This is home," Robin mumbled turning off the car, Elena nodded having guessed as much; she took a deep breath as she undid her seatbelt; she was tired and she hoped that things weren't going to stay this awkward. 

Robin was her husband now and Elena was going to have to get used to it, she couldn't imagine how they were going to fool anyone if they carried on being awkward like this.