one

*Nicole's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I managed to raise my hand and slam it onto the snooze button. I grabbed the covers and threw them over body as I slowly sat up. After stretching, I walked to the bathroom to get ready for my day. I hopped into the shower and washed my hair. After I got out I noticed that I had message... It was from Jamie. I dried myself off and read the message.

"Morning gorgeous, I was wondering if you wanted to hang later, and maybe watch some movies?"

I replied,

"That would be so cool. I'll come over after my shift ends at work :)"

My phone buzzed, it was him.

"See you then ;)"

I smiled to myself.

Yes, actual human contact! Rather be hanging out with a living human being than by myself... again.

I had a huge crush on Jamie in Junior year at high school, but since graduation the feelings somewhat subsided. No one really knew about my feelings for Jamie, I didn't exactly have friends to tell. And for the most part I enjoyed my solitary life, but it did get lonely having no one around.

I continued to get ready, then I got dressed for work and headed out the door, not before grabbing my phone and earbuds. I worked at a local book/movie store. It wasn't a long walk, just a few blocks from my loft. I lived in a quaint little town in Pennsylvania, with not a lot of people, it was a place where everybody knew everyone else. But nobody really knew me.

I took my usual route passed the coffee shop and on down Main St. There were a couple of dark alley ways that gave me a strange vibe, so I tried to walk a little faster to pass them. I got to work right on time and I pinned my name tag onto my jacket.

*time skip

It was my break, so I had half an hour to my self. I listened to music while scrolling through Tumblr. Suddenly I got a message from Jamie.

"I can't wait to see you later."

I replied,

"I can't wait either, it's gonna be fun"

My break ended and the rest of my day went smoothly... Until I started walking to Jamie's.