ten

*Luke's POV

"Once she is awake we have to tell her everything, powers, turning, mates, everything." I said calmly.

The boys nodded, and started to clean up the dining room. I sat down on the couch with Nicole still in my arms asleep, once they finished cleaning in the other room they sat down next to us.

"This is the girl we are going to spend the rest of eternity with." I said.

"She's gorgeous." Calum said with love in his eyes.

"She has only been here for two days and we almost killed her." Michael said.

We were all so exausted from what just happened we fell asleep on the couch.

*Nicole's POV

I fluttered my eyes open to see the boys asleep next to me, I was still in Luke's arms and I felt so safe. I tried to fall asleep again, but couldn't due to Ashton and Michael snoring. I gently moved Luke's arm and stood up.

Wow vampires are deep sleepers.

I crept into the kitchen and I saw that everything that was wrecked was now clean.

I turned and walked up the stairs to my room. I entered the bathroom and stripped of my bloody clothing. I quickly showered and changed into new, clean clothes. I sighed as I walked back downstairs, being quiet as to not wake the sleeping vampires.

Walking back to the kitchen, I opened the side of the fridge that had stuff I could eat. It was late in the afternoon but I hadn't had breakfast so I wanted food of some kind.

And sitting on the middle shelf, right in front of my eyes, was the ham sandwich Ashton had made me. I took the plate out and silently walked back to the living room. I sat on the couch opposite to the boys. I quietly munched on my sandwich and let my thoughts entertain me.

I wonder what Calum meant when he said I was their mate. I mean that sounds kinda self explanatory but... still confused.

Why aren't I trying to escape? These guys are dangerous, I could've died earlier. Yet I'm here, eating a sandwich in my kidnapper's living room, when I could be getting back to my old life.

I set the sandwich on the plate and dusted my hands off on my jeans. I looked towards the front door, and remembered my internal battle from this morning. Why didn't I want to leave? What's keeping me from leaving? Well, there was a voice in my head and a feeling in my gut telling me to finish eating the sandwich, and forget my old life. So that's, kind of, what I did. I finished my sandwich, and licked my fingers, still feeling a bit snackish.

I went back to the kitchen where I opened the fridge and found an apple. I grabbed a knife from the drawer and began to quickly slice the apple. I heard the boys stir, so I looked up from my current task, which wasn't wise. I ended up cutting my finger, as soon as the first the drop of blood hit the counter the boys woke up and rushed over to me.

They were incredibly fast. They all had a worried look on their faces and the were examining me trying to find out why I was bleeding.

"I'm fine, I was just being stupid and cut my finger."

Calum took my hand in his and it felt better instantly. He let go and I looked at my hand to see my finger completely healed.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Of course."

I was just looking at Calum now, staring into his dark brown eyes. They were so beautiful. I shook my head as I blushed, looking down quickly before looking at the other three. They all had knowing expressions, realizing that I was shamelessly staring at their friend.

I placed the apple slices on my plate and silently walked back to the living room, where I plopped onto the couch.

The four came back to the living room. Still smiling down at me as I ate the slices. Calum sat down next to me so did Micheal. Luke and Ashton sat in the other couch across from us.

"Nicole we need to talk to you about some important stuff. Okay?"

"Okay." I said taking a bite of my apple slice.

Ashton started to explain a couple of things, "You know we are vampires, and that's about it right?"

"Mhmm. Well I know Calum can like, heal wounds. And I'm pretty sure you can control people using your mind." I said.

"Well you're not wrong. So every vampire is immortal, the only things that can kill us are wooden stakes to the heart and decapitation."

"Well who wouldn't that kill?" I asked a bit sarcastically.

"Hydras." Luke said.

I gasped "Are those real?"

All he did was shrug.

"Anyway... every vampire has a power. I compell people, like you said. Calum can heal people as you know. Michael can read minds, and Luke is just fast."

"That's what she said." Mikey said under his breath. I looked to him and we both giggled. Luke gave us both the death stare.

"Along with powers vampires are naturally strong, agile, and all of our senses are heightened. The irises in our eyes also glow when we use our powers or change. You have briefly seen ours but, mine are violet, Calum's are red, Luke's are blue, and Michael's are yellow."

"Cool." I say with a little smile. "How old are you guys?"

"312." Ashton said.

"296." Michael said.

"247." Calum said.

"219." Luke said.

"Wow... okay. Why is all that blood in the fridge?" I asked.

"We keep it there for emergencies, the real thing- that comes from a beating heart, tastes much better. We have learned, over the years, how to hunt and feed without killing people. But sometimes newly turned vampires can have trouble controlling their hunger." Ashton explained.

This topic is kinda making my stomach uneasy.

"Getting back to it. Every vampire finds a human, whether they be of the opposite sex or not, the vampire turns the human and then they are mates- once the vampire(s) find the human they have six days before they have to turn them and if they don't they die. And if one of the mates dies in any circumstances the other will die."

I cut Ashton of before he could start his next sentence. "How do you guys not have a mate? A vampire had to turn you right?"

"Not necessarily, some vampires can be born, all of us were born not turned." Ashton informed me. I only nodded in response.

"And in your 200 plus years of being vampires, none of you have found a mate? That's depressing as hell." I said.

"Tell me about it. But sometimes there are groups of vampires that are bound together for life, like us, there can be only one mate if necessary. In our case that's you..."

"Wait. What?"