thirty three

*time skip

*Nicole's POV

A week had passed since my incident, and I was back to my old self. From that point me and the boys spent all of our time together. Whether it was cuddling, reading, or playing video games. They kept a particularly close eye on me, they insisted that one of them sleep with me each night. Not 'sleep with me' just be there to make sure I would be safe. I had drank all the blood in the house so we needed to go and get more.

"We have to go out later to pick up more blood." Mikey said.

"Where do you guys get that stuff?"

"The blood bank, we have a friend that works there and he owes us a favor." Ashton chimed in. "We usually go when it gets dark so no one sees four teenage kids taking blood bags from a random dude."

The day was pretty chill, mostly TV watching and hanging out on the couch. It got into the later hours and it was beginning to get dark. Mikey stood up and took my hand. We put on our coats and Mikey put on an empty backpack for the blood. We walked out leaving the other boys to play with their Xbox.

We ran into town, then slowed down, and we walked along the sidewalk hand in hand. We had to turn down a dark alley, we heard a bottle break and what sounded like a struggle. We both turned to see three guys, two of them were beating up the other guy. I could tell the other guy was I vampire too because I saw his eyes glow and his fangs were out. All of a sudden the two guys pin the other vampire to the wall and stake him in the heart! He turned to dust instantly! Like literally.

"Holy Shit! Mikey what the he-"

His hand quickly covered my mouth cutting me off. "Shh they're hunters!"

He pulled me behind a dumpster so those guys wouldn't see us. "We have to get out of here." He whispered. He looked over his shoulder to see if those guys left. They had, he let out a sigh of relief, and we both stood up.

I advised that we go back home, but he didn't listen to me. "No we can't, we still have to get the blood."

"Fine. Let's just hury!"

We ran the rest of the way to the blood bank, it wasn't very far. The guy that we were supposed to meet was standing impatiently by his car.

"Man what the hell, I've been waiting for you for like 10 minutes!" The guy said.

"Sorry we ran into some hunters."

He handed us a cooler then drove off. We set the cooler that was filled with bags on the cement. We unloaded the contents into Mikey's backpack. We got up to rush home, but those hunters were standing behind us.

"What do we have here? More vamps? Must be our lucky night, that's three today!" One of them said with a sick smirk on his face. He pulled out a stake, and his friend pulled out a crossbow!

"Hey, we don't want any trouble."

With that the guy with the crossbow took a shot at my chest! Luckily Mikey read his mind and grabbed it out of the air right before it hit me! He took the wooden arrow and snapped it in half, he threw the pieces on the ground.

I got pissed, so I changed. I raised my arm and the guy with the crossbow grabbed his throat, he started to hover off the ground. I threw my arm forward and the guy crashed against a car windshield and the glass shattered. I'm pretty sure the impact killed him.

The guy with the stake dropped it and pulled a gun out from behind him. Everything was happening so quickly, the next thing I knew Mikey got shot! Holy shit! Michael got shot!

"You bastard! You shot my mate!" I hissed at him. Before he could fire again I put my hand out, the guy's gun came out of his hand. It was now floating in front of him, I twisted my wrist. Now the gun was pointed at his chest, he started breathing hard and he squeezed his eyes closed. I clenched my fist and the gun went off, the hunter was on the ground. Dead. I put my hand down and the gun fell.

I turned and ran to Mikey who was kneeling behind me with the backpack resting on the ground next to him. I sat right next to him and grabbed his cheeks with my hands, his shoulder was bleeding.

"It's ok, it went through and through. Nicole... you killed those guys."

"I know, I know. I had to, they tried to kill us." I said, not even fazed about what had just happened. I still heald his cheeks between my palms.

I placed my lips on his and kissed him. We had one long kiss before I pulled away and stood up. I put my hand out, Mikey took it and I helped him stand. He groaned and I could tell he was in pain. I flung the bag over my shoulder, and we dashed home.

We walked through the door, Mikey was resting one of his arms over my shoulder.

Calum called to me from the living room. "Nicole?"

"Yeah?!"

He walked out from the living room, "Where have you guys been, you've been gone for-"

He froze when he saw what has happened to Michael.

"C'mon I'll explain in a bit, just help me with him!" I walked past Calum who was still in shock. We walked past the other boys. We got to the dining room and I set Mikey on a chair. I backed up so Calum could heal him, and Luke walked over to them.

Ashton came over to me and grabbed my arm, "What the hell happened Nicole?"

I forced my arm out of his grasp. "Some dick hunters found us, and shot him!"

"What happened to them?"

"I killed them..."

"What?!"

"Technically I never even touched them. My powers did all the work."

That's when the talk escalated into an argument.

"Just because you leave behind no evidence at a crime scene; that doesn't mean you get to kill whomever you please!"

"I know that! You think I like killing people?!"

"Seems to be a pattern with you."

"Take that back! You know I had no control, I killed those people without knowing."

"You just killed two more!"

"I had to, they tried to kill us!" I screamed at him.

"You could have heald back, you could've let them go!"

"And let them come back with more guys? I couldn't hold back! I had to do it, to protect you!"

"We can protect ourselves!"

"Well obviously Mikey can't! He got himself shot!" I instantly regretted saying that out loud.

"I-I'm sorry..." I lowered my head. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Ashton put his finger under my chin and lifted my head so I was looking up at him. I saw the pain in his eyes. I felt ashamed so I turned my head away from his grip and wiped my cheek.

"I'm going to bed..." I turned and walked out of the room.