fifty five

*time skip

*Nicole's POV

"I wanna got out to the lake, maybe take a swim." I declared. "Clear my head a little bit."

"I bet you look hot in a bikini, Nicky." Michael said, a certain lustful twinkle in his eyes.

"I wish I could say the same about you Mikey." I said mockingly. "I'm going to get changed." I gave the boys a quick wink and went up to my room.

*Michael's POV

"This is perfect. Going outside will definitely keep her distracted from any memories of being at that place." I said in a hushed tone. The boys nodded their heads.

"Just keep her distracted." I clarified.

*Nicole's POV

The water came up to my knees, and it was a really nice temperature, I think. I couldn't tell, it's the whole vampires can't get cold thing. There was a small wake that created little waves, which crashed against the rocky shore. The house in between two others, but it was far enough away so we could have our privacy. My calmly aesthetic thoughts were interrupted by a certain pale skinned, red headed, tatted boy.

"So I was right. You do look hot in that." Michael said wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my neck.

He turned me around, and I eyed my shirtless mate. He had a large smirk on his face, and a firm grip on my hips, he quickly pulled me in closer and we engaged in a full make out session. His lips felt like heaven against mine, and I never wanted that moment to end. But, it did. And when it ended, I quickly waded into the clear water. Michael quickly ran after me, I splashed him trying to swim away. He eventually caught up to me and we swam out to the end of the dock.

That's when I heard loud footsteps, I looked up to the dock to see Calum, Luke, and Ashton jumping into the water. We all swam to the ladder at the end of the dock. I was the first to climb up the metal ladder, I looked over my shoulder to see the boys staring at me. Most likely checking out my ass. Classy.

When they got up to the top we all stood near the edge, knowing the boys, I thought they would try to push me so I tried to stay slightly behind them. I slowly backed up step by step. As I walked back, the dock creaked and the boys turned around. I gave them a quick smile before using my powers to push them off the dock. I ran back to the edge to see them all in the water. I giggled to myself.

"I got you guys good." I cheered, laughing out loud.

Then they began to swim towards me, I started to back up. Luke came up the ladder, he had a big smirk on his face. I turned and ran, but he easily caught up. Using his so-called 'super speed' he was able to run in front of me before I got too far. Still smirking; Luke threw me over his shoulder.

"Luke no! Please don't! Luke stop! No no no!" I playfully yelled. He ignored me and proceeded to the end of the dock. Right at the edge of the dock, about an inch away from the edge, he set me down. He looked into my eyes, and pressed his lips onto mine, he pulled away and pushed me in the water. I came up from under the water to see the boys laughing at me now. Luke knuckle bumped Calum and chuckled.

*time skip

We had a competition on who could make the biggest splash, Calum ended up wining. We were out there for hours. We placed towels at the end of the dock and laid there. Being a vampire, I couldn't tan which kinda bummed me out, but it's not like the sun was out for that long anyway. The guys had fallen asleep, me on the other hand -I took the opportunity to go for a long swim by myself. I stood up and dove in.

I wasn't that far from the dock when I accidentally kicked a random kid in the face. Real smooth.

I didn't notice him, and he obviously didn't notice me either. I was just swimming, not thinking about anything, thankfully. And then all of a sudden my foot hit something. I turned around to see a kid holding his face with one hand, as he tried to wade in the water.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry! I had no idea you were behind me!" I said while treading water.

"No, no its fine. I wasn't watching where I was going." He said through his hand.

He removed his hand from his face and his lip was cut. I saw blood seep out of the small wound, I could smell it too. I bit my lip to try and calm myself down, I hadn't fed from a live person in at least a week maybe two. I tried my hardest to not change and bite this kid on the spot.

"I'm Quincy by the way." He introduced.

I gasped and turned my head so I couldn't see the blood dripping from his lip down to his chin. I forced my eyes closed it attempt to keep them from going black.

"Hey are you ok?" He asked worriedly.

I felt my fangs come out and my eyes change color. Shit.

Calm down, calm down.

"Miss are you all right?" The kid asked. At this point, all I could think about was feeding from this kid. I could smell his blood and hear his pulse, which didn't help.

Fuck it, I'm hungry.

I started to turn around so I could bite the bleeding boy. But suddenly I heard someone calling my name. My fangs retracted and my eyes went back to their regular shade. I turned and saw that it was Ashton calling me. His eyes were violet, and filled with anger.

"Get over here. Now." He said sternly, looking furious.

I did as he said, and I swam away from the kid whom I'd kicked. I got back to the dock and the boys rushed me inside.

Ashton stood in front of me with his arms crossed. He still had an angry look on his face. The boys were standing behind him, giving me worried looks.

"You were going to kill that kid-"

"No! Ashton I needed to feed off of a live person it's been weeks. I kicked him and his lip was bleeding, I swear I was only going to take a sip."

"A sip?" He questioned. Disbelief clouding his features.

"I swear!"

"Nicole, you are talking about the kid like he's a can of soda. You can't just take a sip. What would have you done when you were done with him?" Ashton argued. I could tell he was still very frustrated with me.

"I-I don't..." I trailed off, realizing that he had a good point, and I didn't have a good answer.

"That's what I thought." He huffed.

"I'm sorry." I said, looking into his eyes.

He sighed and unfolded his arms.

"We can go into town later and find someone, just don't kill anyone before that."

"I won't."

*time skip

We got back from going to feed. The two guys we found were pretty scrumptious, I'm not gonna lie.

I went into my room, and got into the shower. All the swimming we had done today made me really sleepy. I pulled on a black t-shirt that said 'geek' and some plaid pajama pants. I slipped my hair into a pony tail, hopped onto my bed and just laid there for a while, staring at the ceiling and thinking.

I can't believe I almost killed that kid. Wow. Darling you'll be ok. I like this shirt. I'm really sick of being sad, I want to change that. When will I be over the bitter taste of blood bags? Champagne, cocaine, gasoline, and most things in between. Jesus I'm tired. P-T-S-D. Why do I keep killing people? Why do I keep wanting to kill people? Ugh! Love me. I'm not as think as you drunk I am. I need to cut my hair. What was that kid's name? Quincy? Doesn't matter. Lilac is a pretty color. Go to bed. No don't, you'll have another nightmare. Who knew being dead could be so stressful?

All of my thoughts were jumbled in my head. After pondering over many questions, ideas and thoughts I got a headache. I pulled the covers up to my chin and buried my head further into my pillow. Soon, I slipped away from reality and into a dream.