Chapter 4: So Close!

I woke up at about 8:30 am. I did my morning routines and got dressed in a decent working outfit. I put on my glasses. Yeah I wear glasses, but barely because I usually wear contacts. I left my room and head to Tony's. I knocked. I waited for a few seconds but there wasn't an answer.

"Ms O'Conner I'm afraid that Mr Stark is still sleeping." Jarvis informs me.

I shrug. I'll wake him up in no time. I opened the door and found Tony asleep. I walked over to him.

"Mr Stark?" I shook him.

"Hm?" He hummed not bothering to open his eyes.

"Sir you have have a meeting in half an hour," I inform him.

No respond.

"Stark cmon get up or I'll make you."

I see him smirk. "I'd like to see you try." He said huskily.

It kinda turned me on. Wait what? I must be really tired. I shook my fucked up thoughts away. I have an idea. I started making a ball of cold water on my palm and threw it at his face. He jolted up from his bed. Now wide awake.

"WHAT THE FU-" he trails off as his jaw drops slightly.

"Goodmorning Mr Stark," I say with a sarcastic smile.

He eyes me from head to toe. Oh great, now he's checking me out. I brought my lip next to his ear.

"Try not to drool Mr Stark," I teased. I start walking out his room. I glance back and caught him staring at my ass. I winked at him. This is going to be easy

Tony's POV:
One word to describe her. Beautiful. And goodness her outfit made her 5x hotter. I didn't know she wears glasses. I shook my thoughts away. I realized that I'm still standing at the same spot where she teased me. And I'm still drenched. I forgot about her powers. I ead ro my bathroom and got in the shower. I let the warm water run down my body. I tried to think about what's going to happy at the meeting later but my mind always wonder off thinking about Riley.

Riley's POV
I just pretty much sat there at the meeting beside Tony, not paying attention or listening to anything. I went on my phone and played games under the desk until the meeting is finally finished. Thank god.

"How did it go?" I ask Tony as we exit the conference room.

He yawns and stretch, "boring as usual."

I chuckle. I caught a man staring at me. Tony glanced over as well. He was one of the guys inside at the meeting. He has dark hair and blue eyes. The man starts walking our way.

"Hey Tony and Ms O'Conner," he greets giving me a charming smile.

He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Please call me Riley," I say.

"I'm Zach, Zach Terrence," he say.

"Sorry Terrence. We can't chat, we have to catch another meeting, we have better places to attend to." Says Tony grabbing my hand from Zach and dragged me to the elevator.

"So Mr Stark where are we heading?" I ask as the elevator door closed.

"What?" He asks confused.

"You said we have to catch another meeting but last time I checked you have nothing scheduled after that meeting." I explain.

He opens his mouth to say something but the elevator shook and stops moving. Oh great, we're stuck. Tony called Happy.

"He said it'll be fix in 15 minutes," he tells me putting his phone back in his pocket.

I sat on the floor and rested my back against the wall. Tony copied me but sat across from me.

"So what's your story?" He questions.

I raised an eyebrow.

"How did you get in S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Fury was impressed on what I was able to do and got me training since I was 10. When I reached 12, I was better and smarter than half of his agents and so he hired me. But later on I started causing troubles which is why he is not very fond of me now." I explain.

"Yeah he did mention that you're a troublemaker," he chuckles.

"Was. I guess I'm tired of always causing troubles on purpose and running away from them. And now looking back on things I've done and said before makes me realize how much of a jerk I was. Mostly to Phil." I sigh.

I can't believe I just told him all of that.

Tony changed the subject. Time past and we didn't realize that it has already past 15 minutes. The elevator dings and started moving again. I got up and started doing a mini celebration. I jumped up and down while Tony watches me, chuckling. I felt my heel break and Tony caught me by my waist.

I didn't realize how close we were. He stared into my eyes and glanced at my lips. He started leaning in and I did as well. Just before our lips touched the elevator dings.

"Maybe next time Mr Stark," I whisper to him before pulling away.

I took off my heels. The elevator opened and I got out. I see Happy waiting or us. I glance behind me and found Tony still in daze.

Tony' POV:
Fuck! So close! I was still in daze from what just happened. Riley is already walking towards the exit. I exit the elevator and Happy approaches me.

"Are you okay Tony?" He asks.

I just nod.

Actually, I am not okay. I have been off ever since Riley got here. She's all I can think of. And that's not good. I'm Tony fucking Stark, a genius playboy billionaire. I don't and can't get attached to just one girl. So whatever it is that's going on with me has got to stop and it has to stop as soon as possible. I can't fall for her. I got in the car next to Riley and I avoided her gaze. No matter how hard it is.