Chapter 40: Almost There

Riley's POV:
I felt pain, unimaginable pain all over my body. I opened my eyes. I whimpered in pain. Last thing I remembered was Killian sticking a needle in my neck.

That son of a bitch. I was tied onto something, I couldn't move, and I definitely had zero energy. I looked and see Killian standing ahead of me wearing a grin.

"Hi," he greeted casually.

I glared at him. I tried to move my hand but I couldn't. My hands were trapped inside a metal sorta thing. I look back to Killian.

"You think he's gonna help you? He's not." I told him, my voice sounding quite weak.

He moved closer to me. He put a hand on his hip and another on a machine I was attached to. He took a deep breath.

"Having you here is not just to motivate Tony Stark. It's ummm..." He trails off trying to find his words.

I furrowed my eyebrows realizing what he meant.

"It's actually more embarrassing than that." He said with a slight chuckle.

"You're here as my, ummm..."

"Trophy," I said, dread visible in my voice.

He chuckled and nod his head. I clenched my jaws. Tony, where are you? I need you.

We started to hear some robotic whirring. The Iron Patriot landed near us. My jaw dropped. Rhodey? No it can't be. He'll never betray us.

"Good evening sir," Killian greeted calmly.

The suit opened up and The President fall out of it. I gasped. If they have the Iron Patriot suit then where's Rhodey?

"Welcome aboard sir," Killian saluted mockingly.

The President got up on his knees as he looked at me.

"Agent O'Conner?" He asked surprised.

"If you are hoping that she will save you, just don't. She's as trapped as you are." Killian said with a smirk.

I glared at Killian. I'm going to kill him...somehow. After Killian tied up the President outside over the oil tanks, he faced me again.

"You're going to regret everything you're doing right now, once I am free from this shit." I told him through gritted teeth.

"Don't worry, that won't happen. I'm shipping you over and your necklace to my boss by tomorrow morning." He said taking out my necklace from his pocket and showing it to me.

It was glowing red. But why?

"Give that to me," I said in a low threatening voice.

"No can do Ri, my boss want it as well," he said putting it back in his pants pocket.

"Your boss as in the Mandarin?" I asked confused.

What the hell does the Mandarin want from me? He shook his head. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who's your boss?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"It's a surprise," he said smiling like a maniac.

"Tell me," I growled at him.

"Let's just say that, they're going to ruin your life and you probably wouldn't want to mess with them." He said.

"It's the other way around, they wouldn't want to mess around with me." I said smugly, ignoring the pain that is shooting throughout my body.

"They already did," he said with a sick smirk, he tucks a piece of my hair behind my hair.

I shook my head trying to get his hands off my face. He grabbed me by my neck.

"I'm trying to keep you alive here, be thankful." He said as I saw a part of his face glow red.

He took a deep breath and he slowly let go of my neck. I just stared at him blankly. I'm not afraid of him.

"Now be a good girl," he said rubbing my cheeks with his thumb.

I clenched my jaws as I try not to do anything else stupid that can cause him to do nasty shit.

Tony's POV:

Rhodey and I managed to reach the destination where Riley is suppose to be. It's an oil rig. We saw the President tied up under a bunch of oil tanks.

And now Rhodey and I are being targeted by Extremis people. We hid behind a bunch of empty oil tanks. I hopped up and back down hurriedly.

"What'd you see?" Asked Rhodey.

"Nothing. Too fast." I said.

He rolled his eyes. I took a deep breath and popped my head up again. I see Extremis people jumping platform to platform towards us. I crouched down next to Rhodey again.

"Three guys, one girl, all armed." I informed him.

We stood and see tons more Extremis people heading our way. Rhodey groaned.

"I would kill for some armour right now," he said.

"You're right we need back up," I said as I looked around.

"Yeah a bunch," Rhodey added as he got ready to aim his pistol at the Extremis people.

"You know what?" I asked, smiling.

I see all my suits heading our way, about 40 or so.

"Is that-" I cut him off.

"Yep," I said smugly.

"Are those?"

"Yeah." All the suits I made formed a circle around the oil rig.

"Merry Christmas, buddy," I said to Rhodey patting his shoulder.

"Jarvis target Extremis heat signatures. Disable with extreme prejudice." I told Jarvis through my ear piece.

"Yes sir," said all the suits, echoing Jarvis voice.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked.

I flourished hands.

"It's Christmas. Take em to church."

The suits immediately started attacking the Extremis people.

"This is how you've been managing in your downtime, huh?" Asked Rhodey who looked very amused.

"Everybody needs a hobby," I said with a slight shrug.

I watched my suits fight the Extremis, most of them are doing a great job but some not so much.

"Heartbreaker? Help Red Snapper, will ya?" I said as I watched the Red Snapper suit have 3 Extremis on it's back.

Heartbreaker helped Red Snapper but one of the Extremis still managed to take its head off. Red Snapper flew into a bunch of oil container causing it to blow up everywhere.

As I stood up, my suit opened up for me.

"Nice timing by the way, Jarvis," I said as my suit started to build up all around my body.

"Oh yeah, that's awesome. Give me a suit, ok?" Rhodey said ecstatic as he raised his arms out.

"Oh sorry, they're only coded to me," I said.

"What does that mean?" He asked his arms still raised out.

"I got you covered," I told him as I flew off.

"Jarvis, send a suit to give Rhodey a lift," I ordered.

I flew up to the room where it seems like it was their headquarters.

"Sir, I've located Miss O'Conner," Jarvis reported to me.

"About time," I muttered.

I felt my heart beat uncontrollably. I'm almost there, Riley.