Sequel Sneek Peek

Riley's POV:

"Kill me, Riley!" Yelled Alex maniacally.

I shook my head.

"I'm not going to kill you, not again."

He started running up to me. I didn't move one bit. I knew he's going to kill me anyways, I just wanna get it over with. He took my hand that was holding tightly onto my sword and shoved it in his chest.

"No!" I cried out.

He gripped on my shoulders tightly as he stared at me.

"This is what you are... A ruthless murderer," he said as blood started coming out of his mouth.

He collapsed down on the ground. I dropped my sword as I felt the tears rush down my eyes.

"Riley?"

I turned around and found Ashley staring at me with both fear and madness in her eyes.

"It's not what you think, Ashley," I told her.

"YOU KILLED MY FATHER! I HATE YOU! YOU DESERVE TO DIE ALONE!" She yelled at me as tears rushed down her eyes.

I heard footsteps. I looked to my right and I see Tony with Pepper.

"She's right, you deserve to die alone." Said Tony.

"That's why Tony left you. He wants to be with someone who still has a soul," said Pepper.

She pulled Tony in for a kiss. I felt something sharp being stabbed on my stomach. I screamed in agony because of the pain. I looked and see that Alex was the one to stab me.

"I deserve this," I thought.

I jolt up awake, sweating and panting. My heart was racing. I looked around me and realized I was in my bedroom. The door barged open and Steve rushed in. He must've heard me scream.

I got up from my bed and I ran into his open arms. He hugged me tightly. He whispered things that helped me calm down. Steve is used to my anxiety from my nightmares.

It's been almost a year ever since the whole incident happened. I would get nightmares at least 3 times or even more every month and those usually leads to anxiety attacks.

Exactly the same thing that happened to me back then after the Loki incident. But this time it's worse. It feels so real and it's almost unbearable.

There hasn't come a day where I haven't felt guilty whenever I look at Ashley. She still doesn't know what I did to her father, I don't know if I could ever tell her. I don't know how I survive living each day like this.

Each day I feel so guilty, empty, and most of all... Broken.

*Stay tuned for the next book :)*