Chapter 25: Missile

Chapter 25: Missile

I closed my eyes, I was ready for the painful impact heading my way. I was inches from the ground. I felt a metallic arm swoop me up.

I opened my eyes and see it's Tony. I breathed out a sigh of relief. His face mask unclasped as we landed on a random building. He sets me down.

"Are you okay?" He asks stroking my cheeks, resting his forehead on mine.

I pulled him into a tight hug which he instantly returned.

"I am now," I mutter.

We pulled away. He leans in and I did as well.

"Now may be a great time for you two to not makeout!" Interrupted Jake as a Chitauri almost attacked us but thanks to him he shot it.

I rolled my eyes. But he is right. I gave Tony a peck on the cheek and flew back to where Jake is.

"You're rusty, O'Conner," teases Jake as he shot his arrow perfectly with no look.

"Yeah, well I wasn't rusty when I beat your ass back at the Helicarrier." I tell him making him roll his eyes.

"I see a couple of Chitauri entering the subway station where most of the civilians are." Said Jake pointing the subway not far from here.

"Im on it." I tell him.

I flew out and took out my sword. I see 6 Chitauri soldiers pointing there energy rifles at the scared civilians. I tackled one and stabbed it through it's chest making it shriek in pain. I felt an energy blast hit me on my back.

I stumbled as I dropped my sword. I felt my hand heat up. I smirk. I blasted a huge deadly fire ball toward 3 of the Chitauri. 4 down. 2 more to go.

I dodged the energy blast shot towards me. I shot a powerful water blast towards one of it. 1 more to go. The alien grabbed a small girl from a mother.

The mother screams in agony as she tried to reach for her little girl but the police held her back. I raised my hand up and kept my glance at the alien.

"Cmon, let the little girl go, you disgusting creature." I tell him.

He shook his head and kept his energy pistol pointed at the little girl who was sobbing uncontrollably. I hear more blasts. I glanced behind me and find 3 more Chitauri running our way.

Screw it. I sent my sword flying through the alien making it shriek loudly and letting go off the little girl. I felt slimy arms grab me. I elbowed them.

One grabbed me by my mask and grasped it off my face. I blasted fire at them. They fell lifelessly on the ground. I pant. I look at the civilians who stares at me in awe. I summon my sword and put it back in my sheath.

"Who are you?" Asks a woman.

"I am The Element," I tell her as I hear cameras flash.

"Oh my gosh! It's Riley O'Conner! Girlfriend of Tony Stark!" I hear someone screech.

My eyes widen. I flew out of the subway station and went back to fighting the bastards out here. Hours has passed and we're still fighting these bastards. Well at least it feels like hours.

They just keep adding up. By now I'm pretty sure the team is all tired and Jake and Clint ran out of arrows.

"Ri, can I borrow your sword?" Asks Jake appearing beside me.

I groaned but handed it to him.

"Stark, O'Conner, you hearing me? We have a missile heading straight for the city." Fury informs through our earpiece.