Chapter 12: Phil

Chapter 12: Phil?

"You're good on this end. The rest will be up to you." Tony tells me through my earpiece.

"You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?" I ask.

"StarkTower is about to be a beacon of self sustaining clean energy." He says proudly.

"Wow so maybe our arc reactor takes over and actually works?" I ask.

"I assume. Light her up." He tells me.

I switched up the power and switched on the 'STARK' sign to light up.

"How does it look?" I ask him wondering how our work have turned out.

"Like Christmas but with more... Me," he says.

This man is full of himself. I giggled a little.

"Gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press. I can do some more tomorrow. I'm working on the zoning for the next billboard. And I-" he cuts me off from my rantings.

"Riley, you're killing me. Remember? Enjoy the moment." He reminds me.

"Get in here I for sure will," I said biting my lip.

I hear Tony land on the building.

"Sir, Agent Coulson of Shield is on the line," reports Jarvis.

Phil? Oh gosh, let's hope he's not here for another mission. I shook those thoughts away. I took off my earpiece.

"I'm not in. I'm actually out." Says Tony.

"Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting." Adds Jarvis.

"Cmon Jarvis, close the line. I got a date," says Tony.

I stare up at the monitors of the reactor device.

"Levels are holding steady." I tell him.

"Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question, how does it feel to be a genius?" He asks with a smirk.

"I really, wouldn't know now, would I?" I ask him sarcastically.

If I can say, I'm actually considered a genius. I mean, I got my first 4 master degrees when I was only 15 years old.

"What do you mean? All this came from you." He says pointing at me.

"No. All this came from that," I point on the arc reactor on his chest.

"Give yourself some credit. Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself... 12% of the credit." He tells me.

I let out a sneer as I turned my back against him and went to sit at the couch. He follows me.

"Twelve percent? My baby?" I ask.

"Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you." He says pointing at the elevator.

"I'm telling you, I'm almost finished with it." I said rolling my eyes playfully at him.

"My private elevator-" i cut him off.

"You mean OUR elevator?" I ask.

He continues, "was teaming with sweaty workmen." He informs me.

I pour myself and Tony's glass with champagne.

"I'll tell you what. Next building is going to say 'O'Conner' on the tower." He tell me.

"On the lease." I add.