Chapter 53: Heartbreak

Riley's POV:
Finding out that Blackfire and Aqua are my real brothers still shocks me. It's a good thing that they are alive and not dead but at the same time they are also trying to kill me. I just need to change them back. I hope it's not too late.

My phone buzzed, snapping me out of my thoughts. I took out my phone from my pocket. I opened it. I received a text from Tony. I haven't called him back or texted him ever since we had an argument yesterday. I opened the text message.

Tony: I need to see you. Please come over even just a couple of minutes.

I texted back a response.

Me: I'll be there soon

I closed my phone. I got changed into a simple white v-neck shirt, black skinny jeans, running shoes, and I put my contacts on. I made my way outside. Steve and David are playing chess outside at the front porch.

"Where are you going?" Asked David as their eyes fell on me.

"I need to talk to Tony in person," I told him.

"You can't go out in public by yourself," said Steve.

"You can't stop me."

I am seriously getting so irritated by Steve. It's like he thinks I can't take care of myself.

"You can't stop me from going with you."

"JUST FUCK OFF! I DONT NEED YOU!" I snapped at him.

He looked surprised from my outburst. David was just biting his lip trying not to get involved. I sighed as I shook my head. David passed me his car key.

"Be careful," he told me.

I nod my head. I got inside David's red ferrari. I drove my way to Tony and I's mansion. I haven't been home for almost a month. It took me a whole hour just to get to the mansion. I parked in front of the mansion.

I got out of the car and I made my way to the door. I scanned my fingerprints on the scanner. It turned green, meaning the door is now open. I pushed the door open.

I smiled. I miss home. Nothing has changed here maybe except its more messy than it usually was. I wonder where Tony is. Let's see, if I was Tony, where would i be? Probably down at the basement in his lab.

I made my way downstairs. I froze. I felt as though my chest was just punched. I watched Tony making out with Pepper who was pinned to the wall.

"Sir, Ms. O'Conner is here," Said Jarvis.

Tony instantly broke out from his and Pepper's make out session. He looked my way and his jaw dropped. I felt the tears escaped from my eyes. I turned around and I sprinted upstairs.

"RILEY!" I heard Tony call out my name.

I ignored him. I felt strong arms wrapped around me.

"Let go of me!" I exclaimed.

"I am so sorry," Said Tony repeatedly.

I broke away from his grip. He stood in front of me, blocking me from getting to the door.

"You are such a liar," I slapped him across the cheek.

"ALL ALONG YOU WERE WITH THAT WHORE! I NEEDED YOU! I NEEDED YOU TO BE THERE FOR ME!" I yelled at him.

"I WAS LONELY! I needed you too! But you weren't here and Pepper was the only person who was!"

"I wasn't because I'm trying to save my best friend who is taken! I was there for you when you had a breakdown! No matter how much I was hurting, no matter how much I cried myself to sleep, I NEVER LEFT YOU!"

Tears were streaming down uncontrollably from my eyes. I felt as though my chest is on fire.

"Look, I love YOU, not her. I made the biggest mistake in my life. I am so sorry. You're the only good thing left in my life. Please don't leave me." He begged as tears also rushed down from his eyes.

"If you loved me then you wouldn't have cheated on me."

"Please let's work this out!"

I shook my head.

"I can't do this anymore, Tony. I'm tired of getting hurt by everyone," I sighed.

"What?" He gasped slightly.

"It's over," I told him, my voice cracking a bit.

I never imagined ever saying those words to Tony. I took off my engagement ring and I just let it slip from my hand. I pushed him out of my way. He grabbed my hand and he crashed his lips on mine. I found myself kissing back. I kissed him with full passion, since I know it's probably going to be the last time we'll ever kiss. I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to him before exiting his house.

I got inside my car and drove off. I cried and screamed as I drove off to nowhere. I no longer care about anything, at the moment. All I can focus on is the pain that he caused me, the heartbreak he once promised to me he'd never do.

Tony's POV
She's gone. The only woman who I truly love in my whole entire life... Gone. It's all my fault. I am so stupid. I was going to marry my soulmate but I ruined it. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I wiped my tears away. I turned around and I see it's Pepper. She's the reason why Riley left me.

"Get away from me!" I snarled as I slapped her hand off my shoulder.

"Tony, just forget about her. She probably forgot about you already." she said as she rolled her eyes.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled at her.

She flinched a bit from my outburst.

"I can be Riley, if  it makes you feel better," she said in a whisper as she grabbed me by my shirt and started to pull me closer to her.

Her lips fell on mine. All I could think of is Riley. How I miss her. Her beautiful face, stunning eyes, soft sweet lips, perfect body, cute laugh, and so much more. I can never love anybody else like how I love her, not even close.