Chapter 6: Riley's Past

Today is my day off, finally. I really need a break doing all Tony's stupid paperworks.

"You look like you're enjoying your day off," says Tony plopping down beside me on the couch.

"Definitely," I tell him sarcastically.

He chuckled and we continued sitting in an awkward silence.

"Let's go out," he blurts out unexpectedly.

I gave him a "you've got to be kidding me" look.

"No, I mean lets get out of her and do something fun." He explains.

"Define fun, Mr Stark," I say.

"Well it depends. If its day time or if it's night time. But usually the fun stuff happens at night time. If you know what I mean" he says giving me a flirtatious wink.

I rolled my eyes. Of course I know what he means.

"Any suggestions? What do you wanna do?" He asks.

"Let's go on a picnic," I said excitedly.

"Picnic it is," he agrees.

We got the food and things that we'll be needing prepared and ready to go. I head to my room. I changed into my black AC DC tank top, black denim short shorts, and white low cut converse. I put my hair up on a high ponytail and put on my contacts.

I head outside where Tony is waiting by his red ferrari. My jaw drops as i noticed what he is wearing. Black AC DC t-shirt the design exactly like mine, black jeans, and white runners. We are matching! Unbelievable!

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Copy cat," I stick my tongue at him childishly.

He laugh, "I was wearing this first, sweetheart," he smirks.

I rolled my eyes at him. He opens the car door open for me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you going to get in or what?" He asks chuckling.

"Are you feeling alright? You don't have a fever or anything? Because you're actually being a gentleman," I teased feeling his forehead.

"Oh please, gentleman is my middle name," he says making me roll my eyes again.

I got inside and he closes the door for me. He rushed inside the side of his car.

I like this version of Tony. The gentleman, sweet, and funny, version. He starts the engine. I found myself staring at him. He caught me and gave me a wink giving me butterflies. I blushed lightly and immediately looked away before he catches me blushing. What is this guy doing to me? I don't think I've ever felt this way towards a guy before. But I like it... I think I like him. Do I?

*later*
Tony and I are sitting under a tall tree. We are still on our picnic in a beautiful theme park.

"You know, this is my first time going on a picnic," he tells me, surprising me a bit.

"How come?" I ask.

"My parents were always working when I was young and my life has always been focused on work." He explains looking at the ground.

"What about you?" He asks his glance coming back to me.

"I always use to go on picnics with Phil, Jake, and my family back then," I answered with a smile. I miss those good old days.

"Jake? Your boyfriend?" He asks with a frown.

I scoffed, "more like best friend and if you're wondering, no I don't have a boyfriend."

He nods, his frown disappearing.

"If you don't mind me asking. What happened to your family?" He asks carefully.

I sighed heavily, "My mum was murdered when I was 4 years old. My dad gave me away when I was 5 years old. And last time I heard my 2 brothers got kidnapped and killed by the same men who murdered my mother." I explained.

Tony takes my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"You don't have to go on," he tells me softly.

But I wanted to tell him.

"My parents both worked for S.H.I.E.L.D as secret agents. When I was 4 years old, my mum wanted to introduce me to S.H.I.E.L.D. But a man crashed onto our car on the way there, on purpose. He dragged my mom and I out of the car.

My mom fought back but he was too strong. He pointed the gun on her chest ignoring all my cries and pulled the trigger without hesitating. Right when he was about to get to me, S.H.I.E.L.D workers and my dad came to my rescue. He ran off. Before my mother died, she gave me her necklace and told me that she loves me very much." I paused fiddling with my necklace.

I haven't taken it off ever since. I see Tony looking at me with pity in his eyes.

I continued, "My whole family was devastated, but mostly my father. There were times when he didn't come home for months and weeks, if we're lucky he leaves us with Phil but most of the times it's just my 15 year old brother taking care of my twin brother and I. Even though he was like that, I still loved him, I still looked up to him like he was my hero. But I was so wrong.

One day, he comes home telling me that he needs to take me somewhere far. I never realized that was the last time I'll be ever seeing my brothers. My father took me to this HYDRA scientist named Dr Victor Trent. My father's last words to me was 'I love you so much and I promise I'll get you back.' Right after he left, my powers unleashed. I started throwing fire, water, and wind at Trent.

But he still managed to capture me and bring me to a HYDRA base. He kept me locked up in that base for 4 long years. He tortured me till I can't feel anything, experimented millions of tests on me that almost intoxicated my whole body, beat me till I was pretty much bleeding nearly to death, trained me till I pass out, and in other words it was a living hell.

Then one day, S.H.I.E.L.D resced me and brought me back. But they didn't capture Trent. I met Fury and he gave me tons of updates. He explained how both of my brothers got kidnapped and killed by the same man that murdered my mum, they don't know where my father is, they haven't captured the man responsible for the death of my mother and brothers, and the fact that Phil would be taking care of me. Phil raised me like I was his own, but the emptiness never went away." I felt a tear drop down from my eye.

Tony wiped it away and starts stroking my cheeks gently.

"I'm sorry for having to ask you that." He says.

I shook my head and told him it's okay. Talking about my family still pains me so much.

"Can I see your powers because last time I saw it was when you used it for a wake up call." He says changing the subject.

I giggled, remembering that moment. I looked around and made sure no one is looking. I created a small fire ball on my hand. I blew on it and turned it into a water ball, and then I clapped my hands together and unclasped it revealing a gust ball. Tony looks impressed and amused.

"That is so cool!" He comments still watching the gust ball spinning calmly on my palm.

He looks up to my eyes and gave me a smile.

"You're amazing," he whispers loud enough for me to hear, I felt the butterflies in my stomach go crazy again.