Chapter 33: Attacked

Riley's POV

Tony and I looked at the T.V. My eyes widened as I see a missile heading straight for our mansion. The missile smashed through the mansion blowing up the place, making Maya, Tony, and I flying back.

I closed my eyes as I got ready for the painful impact. As I flew backwards, I felt something attached all around my body. I opened my eyes as I hit the wall. I found that I was in Tony's Iron Man suit. I see debris from the ceiling falling.

I see Tony on the ground. I glanced up and saw that a bunch of debris is about to crush him. I rushed over to him and climbed on top of him, protecting him. I felt the debris hit my body but I barely felt it because of the suit. My mask lifted up.

"I got you." I said.

"I got you first. Like I said, we can't stay here." He said.

We both stood up and tried making our way to the exit. My adrenaline was pumping. I couldn't use my powers because I'm still in the suit. Another damn missile hit and sent Tony flying behind me. I stopped and turned to get him.

"I'm right behind you! Move!" He called out.

All of the sudden, the floor collapsed separating Tony and I apart.

"Get her. I'll find a way around." He told me.

"I can't just leave you here!" I called out to him.

"You have to leave now!" I bit my lip and hesitated.

I don't want to leave him here.

"Stop stopping. Get her. Get outside. Whatever you do don't come back in! Go!" He ordered.

I nodded. My mask clasped together and I made my way to Maya. A bunch more missiles began to hit making the mansion fall apart even more. I helped Maya up and we made our way to the front exit.

A glass covered our way. I tried figuring out how I can blast it but instead my left hand randomly shot a power blast sending Maya and I through the glass. We tumbled outside the mansion.

I watched in horror as I watched the mansion get torn. I felt the suit re attached from me. I aimed my hands towards the mansion and tried keeping it from collapsing. I could feel the energy drain out from me. I know I can't keep this up for long.

Tony's POV:

"Sir, Ms O'Conner is clear of the structure." Jarvis informed me.

I felt relieved hearing that. I signalled for my suit. I scrambled all over the floor. The helicopters began shooting at the mansion. My suit began to build around me as I stood up. The mansion started to fall off the edge.

"Jarvis, where's my flight power?" I asked losing my balance.

I began sliding down the floor.

"Working on it sir. This is a prototype." Responded Jarvis.

I grabbed on the top of the tipping floor. I see my piano sliding towards me. I had no choice but to let go. I fell but stopped when I hit a metal structure. I aimed at the middle helicopter and fired at it. It blew up.

"That's one." I said.

I tried to fire another one but my repulsers failed. I groaned.

"Sir, the suit is not combat ready." Jarvis told me.

I began to run and the helicopters started to fire my way. I stopped. I pulled out a mini missile from my suit and threw it at another helicopter and fire it with the repulser. It blew up.

"That's two." I said.

The helicopter strted spinning out of control and falling in my direction. I gulped. I jumped away from the explosion. Tons more missiles were fired. The mansion began to crumble. I watched as each of my cars and suits gets destroyed and fall into the water.

I crashed down the water. I struggled and began to slowly drown as I get stuck under a heavy debris.

"Sir, take a deep breath." Jarvis said.

I took a deep breath. One of my suit hands disconnected and grabbed my real hand and pulled me out of the debris. I flew out of the water.

"Flight power restored." I heard Jarvis say as I fell into darkness.