Chapter 36: Captured

Riley's POV

I know it's probably dumb to stay with Maya in a motel but I needed to hear the truth. I need to know what Killian did and is going to do. Maya and I were sitting on the bed, across from each other.

I listened to her as she spoke.

"Fun fact. Before he built rockets
for the Nazis. The idealistic Werner von Braun dreamed of space travel... he stargazed. You know what he said when the first V2 hit London?" She asked.

I shrug my shoulder lightly.

"The rocket performed perfectly
It just landed on the wrong planet." She quoted.

"See we all begin wide-eyed... "pure science". Then the ego steps in, the obsession. And when you look up,
you're a long way from shore." She said sadly.

I bit my lip. "You can't be too hard on yourself, Maya." I told her.

"I mean you gave your research to a think tank." I said.

"Yeah but Killian built that think tank on military contracts." She said.

"That's exactly what I used to do and what Stark Industries use to do. So don't judge yourself." I told er trying to make her feel less about herself.

"Thank you, Riley. I really appreciate that." She said with a small smile.

I returned the smile. We hear a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. It was the room service man.

"Hi, good evening." He said politely. 

"Good evening. Come on in." I said.

All of the sudden, someone from behind him snapped his neck. It was Killian.

"Maya, run!" I exclaimed as I backed up from them.

Three other men were with Killian. I got out my gun from my boot and pointed it towards him. He raised his hand up.

"Hi Riley," he said calmly with a smile.

I kept shooting at him but nothing happened. My eyes widen. I dropped my gun since it was out of bullets and I sent fire that sent him flying to the wall.  I see his face glowed fire red. He clenched his jaw as he looks like he tries to calm down.

He got up and took something out of his pocket. It was an injection. He passed it to one of his men. The men pointed it at his neck. Killian smirked at me.

"Last time I heard, you're a phenomenal superhero, Riley. So here's the deal, calm your hot head down and the whole couple of blocks wouldn't blow up or be the hot head you are and be the reason for the death of hundreds of people." He said.

I dropped my hands that was pointed at him and the man put away the injection.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

Instead of answering my question. He turned to Maya.

"So you want to tell me why you
were at Stark's manison last night?" Killian asked.

"I'm trying to fix this thing. I didn't know you and the Master were gonna blow the place up." She said.

I clenched my jaws and fist.

"Oh I see, so you were trying to save Stark... when he threatened us."

"I told you, Killian, we can use him." Said Maya.

I wanna fucking kill them both. I can feel my anger trying to get through me. Calm down Riley. You don't wanna be the reason of hundreds of people's death.

"Look if we want to launch product next year, I need Stark." Maya argued.

"He just lacked a decent incentive.
Now he has one." Killian smirked as he grabbed me by the arm.

I didn't bother to fuss or anything because I knew what he and his men are capable of when they get angry.

"Good girl, Riley," said Killian.

I glared at him. He put his arm tightly around me as he dragged me outside. We got inside his limo, I sat across from him.

"I'm going to kill you," I told him giving him a fake smile.

He rolls his eyes as he poured himself some champagne.

"Would you like some?" He offers.

I shook my head.

"I'd rather not take anything from you," I said.

He shrugs as he put away the champagne bottle.

"So why Tony?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Cmon Riley, I know you or at least I use to know the old you. You hate men like Stark, heartbreakers. Even though, you were one yourself. Is it because of his fame, money, properties? One day, either you or Tony or maybe even both, will break the other and honestly my bet is on Tony because I heard Pepper is back. And I know Pepper as well and her and Tony really had something going on before." He said.

"I've changed and so did Tony. I'm not the same heartless bitch you met years ago. You know why? It's because of Tony, he changed me and that's one of the reasons why I love him. And he's never going to leave me for Pepper or anyone." I told him.

He frowned.

"Yeah the heartless bitch who rejected me about 27 times." He said.

I raised my eyebrow. He kept count?! What a loser.

"But that's all in the past now. In fact, both you and your boyfriend motivated me to do all this. You both rejected and humiliated me." He spat angrily at the last part.

"13 years ago, Tony humiliated me so bad that it gave me desperation. And I want him to feel that the same desperation and you're going to help me with that."

"Look Killian, I'm sorry for everything. But the people we were back then is not us right now. You can hurt me, beat me, make me suffer but for the love of God, don't touch Tony." I plead to him.

He sighed.

"I really admire and despise how much you would suffer for your beloved Tony but I believe that may be too late." He said smiling viciously.

I clenched my fist.

"And I know you can go through any pain and suffering. I know about your past, Riley. Being experimented, tortured, and beaten for years. It'll be almost too easy for you." He said.

My jaws drops a little. How did he know. I never told him. I felt my breath shortens as I remember those horrible flashbacks.

"I got you there, didn't I?" He asked with an annoying smirk.

"Don't worry Riley, you'll experience those pain again soon." He said.

Before I opened my mouth to say anything I felt a painful sting on my neck. I pulled out whatever it was and I see its an injection. My vision starts to blurred. Oh shit.