Chapter 47: Taken

Chapter 47: Taken

Third Person POV:

A man and a woman barged in an empty dim lighted room. The man shoved the woman and slammed the door shut so no one else can hear them.

"You almost got caught!" He yelled furiously at the woman.

The woman looked at the man fearfully.

"But I didn't," she muttered.

"You don't know what Riley is capable of. You're lucky she didn't chase after you." The man spat.

"If you know what she's capable of then why are we still chasing after her?" Asked the woman rolling her eyes at him.

"I have my reasons and you have no rights to question me about such things," the man said glaring at the woman.

"What's the plan now?" Asked the woman.

"First, we eliminate the ones who she loves," Said the man sitting down on a chair.

"Tony will be hard to eliminate," said the woman thoughtfully.

The man shook his head.

"No not Stark. We'll save Stark for last."

"How about her best friend, Jacob Williams?" The woman asked.

"Bingo! Exactly who I had in mind. I'll take care of that part and I want you to just stay low and go back to your regular work." The man said.

The woman nodded her head obediently.

"And I think it's time to unleash Blackfire and Aqua." Smirked the man.

"You really are trying to crush her from the inside," said the woman grinning evilly.

"Only way to defeat her."

Riley's POV:

It's a wonderful Sunday afternoon and all I can think of is that stupid note.

"Honey, are you alright?" Asked Tony, snapping me back into reality.

I haven't told him about the note that I found outside the night he proposed to me. Well I haven't told anyone yet and I plan to keep it that way. But it is driving me crazy. I cant get it out of my head.

"Yeah, just thinking," I mumbled.

"About?" He asked.

"Just work related," I lied.

I don't want him or anyone to worry. He nodded. The person who left the note is probably some joker. Even if its real, they're probably just going to target me since I was the one who was intended to see the note.

My phone rang, snapping me back to reality. I look at the called ID. It's Director Maria Hill. I answered.

"We have an emergency! You need to come here as fast as you can!" She exclaimed.

Tony raised his eyebrows, he probably heard.

"Why what's happening?" I asked getting a bad feeling.

"Jake has been taken." My heart sank.

WHAT?! I hung up. I gulped. Tony rushed to my side.

"What's wrong?" He asked me softly.

"Jake has been taken," I told him.

"By who?" He asked.

"I don't know but I have to go to the headquarters," I said.

He nodded.

"Be Careful," he told me as he kissed my forehead and gave me a tight hug.

I nod as I rushed outside. I levitated myself in the sky. I flew as fast as I could to the headquarters. I got there within a couple of minutes. I rushed inside. I sprinted my way to Director Hill's office.

Hill and Steve were having a conversation. They stopped once they saw me.

"Someone tell me what's going on," I demanded sternly.

"Jake was taken by Hydra," Hill informed me.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"When? How? Why?" I questioned.

"He was taken 2 hours ago. He was in a small mission, to take down a base of Hydra's. He and his partner ended up getting outnumbered and they killed his partner but took Williams." Steve told me.

"When we searched the area, we found this," Hill passed me a small crumpled piece of paper.

I read the familiar writing.

There's more to come

I froze.

It looked like the other note. I clenched my jaws as I look at Hill.

"I found one like this outside my house the night Tony proposed to me," I told her.

"Why didn't you tell us?" She asked.

"I didn't want anyone else to worry and I thought whoever they are was only targeting me." I reasoned.

"Does Tony know about this?" Asked Steve.

I shook my head.

"Our wedding is in less than a month, I didn't want to bring up any problems." I told them.

"Look I get it, I should've told you guys about this but it doesn't matter now. What matters is that we get Jake back before it's too late." I added.

"We really can't do anything at the moment. We can't track him or whoever took him. We have nothing to start with," said Hill.

I clenched my jaws.

"We can't just do nothing!" I exclaimed.

"We're trying to do our best," said Hill.

"We'll contact you when we get something," said Steve.

"I'm not leaving this building until  we actually do something about this." I said stubbornly.

"Okay if thats what you want," sighed Hill.

I left her office. I took out my phone and dialled Tony's number. He picked up immediately. I started to explain him everything. About the notes and Jake's situation. I'm hoping he can help us with the situation.

"How come you didn't tell me about the note?" He asked sounding furious.

"I didn't want us to have more problems to think of before the wedding," I reasoned.

"We could've stopped this from happening, if you just decided to tell us." Tony said raising his voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay, I get it, it's my fault why my best friend was taken. Thanks for the help and support." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

I hung up before he can say anything else. I huffed. I turned around to go back inside Hill's office, I found Steve standing in front of me.

"How much of it did you hear?" I asked.

"Just the last part," he mumbled.

I nod my head.

"It's not your fault, Riley." He told me.

"I'm starting to believe that it is my fault," I said as I pushed past him and went back inside Hill's office.

"We got something." She told me.