Chapter 20: Phase 2

Chapter 20: Phase 2

I reached the lab just in time with Thor and Nat. Fury, Bruce, Tony, and Steve were already having an argument. Nat kept her eyes aware on Bruce. Bruce looks back at her, pissed.

"Did you know about this?" He asks her pointing at the monitor showing Phase 2.

Oh crap. They found out?

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" I asks Bruce.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," said Bruce.

"Loki is manipulating you," Nat warns Bruce sternly.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" He asks her sarcastically.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," said Nat, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitch. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Demanded Bruce.

I sighed. If Fury is not going to tell them, then I will.

"Because of him," I said pointing at Thor.

Thor points at himself confused.

"Me?"

"Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." I explained to them.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Said Thor.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled." Explains Fury.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Argue Steve.

"You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Said Thor.

"A higher form?" I ask.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury tells Thor.

"Nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calms everything right down." Said Tony sarcastically.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune Tony?" I ask him.

He can't deny that he uses nuclear deterrent for his past weapons as well.

"I'm sure if he still made-" Tony cuts off Steve.

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?" Asks Tony.

"I'm sorry isn't everything?" Asks Steve sarcastically.

They don't get along, at all.

"I thought human were more evolved than this." Snickered Thor.

"Excuse me, did WE come to your planet and decided to blow stuff up?" I ask him.

All of us started arguing like crazy.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos," Thor said.

"It's his M.O, isn't it? I mean what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a ticking time bomb." Bruce said angrily.

"Cmon Bruce, now is not a great time to get angry." I tell him carefully.

"You need to step away," said Fury cautiously.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Asks Tony putting his hand on Steve's shoulder.

Is he crazy? We can't have The Hulk lose control here in the Helicarrier. Steve pushes Tony off.

"You damn well know why! Back off!" He tells Tony, clearly pissed off.

Tony comes face to face with Steve.

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me." Challenged Tony.

I shake my head.

"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?" Asks Steve with a sneer.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." He answers with ease.

I could feel the tension between the two of them.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you." Said Steve.

"I think I would just cut the wire," said Tony smartly.

Steve smirks.

"Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle." Snapped Tony.

I stepped in between them and pushed them apart before they kill each other.

"You two, stop acting like 5 year olds." I snap at them.

Steve puffs up his chest while Tony just stood there, unmoving.

"Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds." Challenged Steve.

Thor laughs at them.

"You people are so petty.. And tiny."

"Yeah this is a tea-" Fury cuts off Bruce.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr Banner to his-" Bruce cuts off Fury.

"Where? You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case-" Bruce cuts off Fury again.

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I've tried!" Snaps Bruce angrily.

My jaw drop down a little. He tried committing suicide?

"I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Bruce exclaimed.

He turns to Nat.

"You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" He asks her sternly.

I see him pick up the sceptre. I put my hand down on my pistol ready to take it out if I need to, I see Fury and Nat do the same.

"Doctor Banner... Put down the sceptre." Steve tells Bruce calmly.

Bruce looks down and looks shocked to see that he's holding Loki's sceptre. The computer started beeping.

"Got it," said Tony.

Bruce puts down the sceptre and went over to the computer.

"Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all." He said as he studies the computer.

"Located the Tesseract?" Questions Thor.

"I can get there faster," said Tony.

"Look, all of us-" Thor cuts off Steve.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is match for it." Said Thor sternly.

Tony turns to leave but Steve stopped him.

"You're not going alone!" He tells him.

"You're gonna stop me?" Asks Tony.

"Put on the suit, let's find out," said Steve.

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man," said Tony vigorously.

"Put on the suit," Steve repeats.

"Will you stop it! This is not helping anyone!" I yelled at them.

"Oh my god!" I hear Bruce gasps.

Before anyone could say anything there was a loud explosion we were all thrown away in different directions.