Chapter 39: Barrels of Monkey

Unknown POV:

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said.

One of my soldiers entered.

"Don't waste my time," I said as I fiddled with the little knife I have.

He looked at me in fear but quickly regained his emotionless face back.

"I'm not intending to, boss. But SHIELD is trying to track us down." He reported to me.

Interesting. I stood up from my chair and walked up to him.

"Let them," I said.

"But sir-" he tried to argue but I cut him off.

"By tomorrow we would have SHIELD's greatest agent. We'll brain wash her and make her go up against them. Mostly with Extremis in her system, she'll be almost undefeated. We'll have her kill her friends. What have I got to fear?" I smirked.

"What if this all fails?" He asked.

I clenched my jaws and glared at him.

"Are you saying that I'm going to fail?!" I asked raising my voice.

His eyes widened as he repeatedly shook his head.

"No boss, but there are possibilities that Killian can fail you," He said.

"Then I'll kill him." I shrugged.

Tony's POV:

I somehow managed to escape from that dungeon, find my friend Rhodey, and interrogate Trevor once again. We took his lovely speedboat and we started heading to where he said Pepper might be.

"If he's right about the location, we're 20 minutes from where Riley is." Said Rhodey looking at the ship's GPS.

The thought of her being so close but yet so far makes my heart beat uncontrollably.

"Regardless, we still have to figure out this Vice President thing, right?" Asked Rhodey.

I took out my phone and dialled the VP.

"Wonder who I'm calling right now? Oh its the Vice President."

"Hello?" A voice answered after about 3 rings.

I put it on speaker so that Rhodey could also hear.

"Sir, this is Tony Stark," I replied.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Mr Stark," he greeted somewhat mockingly.

"We believe that you are about to be drawn into the Mandarin campaign. We gotta get you somewhere safe as soon as possible." I said urgently, not having time for jokes.

"Mr. Stark, I'm about to eat honey roast ham, surrounded by the agencies finest." He said.

"The President's safe on Air Force One with Colonel Rhodes. I think we're good here." He added.

"Sir this is Colonel Rhodes. They're using the Iron Patriot as a Trojan Horse. They're gonna somehow take out the President. We have to immediately alert that plane." Said Rhodey.

"Okay, I'm on it. I'll have security lock it down. If need be, they can have F-22's in the air in thirty seconds." The Vice President said in a serious business like tone.

"Thank you Colonel."

"Rhodes and Stark out," said Rhodey before hanging up.

"We gotta make a decision. We can either save Riley or The President. We can't do both." Said Rhodey.