Chapter 46: Proposal

Riley's POV

I found Tony standing in front of me wearing an all black suit. He looked very handsome and charming. I looked around me. We were standing in front of our mansion. The lights were all closed. What's going on.

"You look beautiful," he told me.

I just nod my head, ignoring him.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked snickering.

He took both of my hands.

"I promise I'm not cheating on you," he said sincerely, staring at my eyes.

I just nod my head. I believe him. He took a deep breath and he seemed nervous. Which is something rare to see from Tony.

"Look, I know I mess up a lot and I've put you in so much danger. But I'm really in love with you. You made me a better person. You taught me how to love which was apparently impossible for me before I met you. You're the most beautiful person I've every met, of course that doesn't include myself."

I giggled.

"And I have never imagined myself ever to do this. But for you, I will." He said.

I gave him a questioning look. What is he doing? He kneeled down on one knee and he took out a small box from his suit pocket. I put a hand on my mouth and my eyes widened. He opened the box revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Riley Andrea O'Conner would you do the honours to become Mrs. Stark and deal with me for the rest your life?" He asked with a huge grin.

I took a deep breath, trying to process all this. Is this for real?

"Yes! I would love to!" I answered gleefully.

Tony slid the ring on my left hand, ring finger. I helped Tony up on his feet. I wrapped my arms around and he started spinning me around. I heard loud cheers.

Tony placed me down gently. I look and saw a lot of people now surrounding us and the mansion's lights were fully open.

"SHE SAID YES!" Tony yelled in happiness.

I chuckled. He crashed his soft lips on mine. Our lips move in synch. The kiss was filled with passion and heat. We finally pulled away.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too, honey," he smiled.

*later*

"What does it feel like being engaged?" Asked Jake.

Tony went off to chat with other guests leaving me with my best friend Jake.

"It's just unbelievable, in a good way," I smiled.

"Are you happy with your life?" He asked me.

"I could never ask for a better one," I said.

He smiled as he took a sip of his beer.

"Then I'm happy for you and Tony." he said patting my arm.

His eyes were saying something else.

"Thank you," I said to him.

"For what?"

"I know how much this pains you but you're still here by our side, supporting us." I said softly.

"I'll always be by your side, no matter what happens," he assured me.

"You promise?" "I promise," he said pulling me in a tight quick hug.

I looked around.

"Who are you looking for?" Jake asked me confused.

"Someone I can hook you up with." I said wiggling my eyebrows at him.

He laughed sarcastically.

"Good luck with that." He said.

"Cmon, you deserve to be happy with someone," I said.

He chuckled.

"I'd die only loving you," he said softly.

I stared at the ground awkwardly. I didn't know what to say or do.

"Look, I'm sorry," he mumbled.

I looked back at him, I was about to say something but I was interrupted by Tony wrapping his arm around me.

"You aren't trying to hit on my fiancee, are you?" Tony asked smirking.

Jake chuckled and shook his head.

"Plus, you should be thanking me, Stark," Jake said smirking back at Tony.

"I could've done all this myself, Williams," boasted Tony.

Jake rolled his eyes. I raised my eyebrow.

"You helped with all of this?" I asked Jake shockingly.

"Yeah of course. Tony, Nat, and I planned everything," he said.

"And I was on the phone with Jake when you caught me this morning," Tony added grinning.

That makes sense! Gosh I'm so stupid.

"You guys got me good," I admitted.

"When are you guys having the wedding?" Asked Jake.

"We planned it on May 31 at the beach where Tony asked me to his girlfriend," I told him.

"You're walking me down the aisle," I added.

"Even better," Jake said.

We kept talking about the wedding plans. But I got distracted when I looked outside. I squinted and I saw someone standing outside in the dark. I couldn't identify if it was a woman or a man, they had their hood up.

"Honey, are you alright?" Asked Tony as I looked away from the figure.

I nod my head.

"I think I left something outside," I mumbled.

"I'll go with you," offered Tony.

I shook my head.

"I won't take long?" I assured him.

He nodded and went back to his conversation with Jake. I walked my way outside. There was no one here. I looked around, but there was no one here. I looked down on the ground and I found a small piece of paper. I picked it up. I read the bold writing.

"Beware. We're coming"

I clenched my jaws.

Unknown POV

I stood outside Stark's mansion. I watched as everyone talked, laughed, and had a good time. My eyes landed on Tony, Riley, and Jake. I smirked. I found my new target. I pressed on my earpiece.

"I found my new target," I told my boss.

"Very well."

I saw Riley noticed me. Good thing I had my hood on and she can't recognize me. She looked away. I dropped a small piece paper from where I was standing and I quickly left.

They better be ready when I come back.

Sorry if this is a short bad written chapter. I've been so tired and busy this past week. But I promise next chapter will be so much better.