Chapter 5: Sparks

Chapter 5: Sparks

I think Tony had been ignoring me lately. He's always busy working down in his basement. And a miracle thing is that he barely talks to me now. Technically that's a good/bad thing. Good because no more sarcastic comments from him and bad because of my mission. I have to speed this mission up.

But for now I'm bored and hungry. I got up and went to the kitchen. I took out a recipe book from one of the kitchen drawers and I looked through them. I decided to just bake a small chocolate fudge cake. Not hard.

"Jarvis can you play some songs please?" I ask as I put an apron on and tied my hair up on a high ponytail.

"Ad you wish m'am. Any song suggestion?" He asks.

"Anything will do as it's not a country song." I inform him.

I love any type of music just not country or jazz. The song Sugar by Maroon 5 starts playing. I started singing along as I started setting out the ingredients that I needed. I started dancing to it.

"Sugar! Yes please won't you come and put it down on me." I sang.

I hear someone clear their throat. I automatically stop and turned around finding Tony. He was wearing a smile this time as he was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. I smiled awkwardly at him.

"I never knew you could sing and dance so beautifully," he comments making me smile bigger.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me Tony." I tell him changing my smile to a smirk.

"I wouldn't mind hearing about you all day." He says coming face to face with me.

The song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran came on. And once again Tony and I are so close. He stares into my eyes giving me butterflies. I secretly took an egg from the counter smashed it on Tony's head. He cursed and playfully glared at me as I started laughing.

"Oh it's on O'Conner," he smirks grabbing a bowl filled with flour.

I screamed as he dumped it on my head. I took the melted butter and dumped it on his head. He took an egg and threw it at me hitting me on my forehead. He smirks and laughs at me. I playfully glare at him and smirk back. I run up to him about to tackle him but I slipped from the egg yolk and melted butter on the floor.

He caught me by the waist and we fell on the floor both laughing. He was on top of me. Our laughter died out and everything seemed like it is going slow motion. I stared into his soft brown eyes that stared back into my green eyes. I realized that the song is still playing, it filled in the silence.

"Well me I fall in love with you every single day." It played.

I can't believe we're in this position.

"Screw it," muttered Tony.

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant but instead his soft lips crashed onto mine. He starts kissing me slowly but passionately and I automatically kissed back. I swear I felt bombs went off. It was honestly perfect. But then I remembered my promise to Jake. I gently pulled away from the kiss. He got off me and helped me up. He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Jarvis turn the music off please," I said.

The music died down.

"Riley I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" I cut him off.

"Don't worry about it, Tony. We just got caught in the moment." I told him with a smile.

Is it bad that I actually liked that kiss?

Tony's POV
Wow... I can't believe that just happened. I've been waiting for that moment to happen for what seems like forever. She went to her bathroom and I stayed here in the kitchen still smiling like an idiot. I didn't care if I was covered in egg yolk and melted butter. That kiss was the best out of a million girls I've kissed. I felt sparks... Fuck that I felt atomic bombs went off. I've never felt this way with anyone before. She's just... Different. She makes me happy. I like it. I like her.

"Jarvis, I'm not dreaming right? Riley and I really kissed?" I ask.

"You're wide awake sir and yes you and Ms O'Conner really did kiss." Jarvis informs me.

"Well get all this mess cleaned up Jarvis" I tell him pointing at my messy kitchen floor.

"I will get right on it sir." He obeys.

I left the kitchen and head to my room. I heard Riley singing. I opened the door quietly to her bedroom. I spotted a picture of her and Phil on her table. Also a picture collage of her and another guy with messy brown hair, short stubble facial hair, tan skin, and bright blue piercing eyes. They are laughing, hugging, smiling, and making funny faces. Does she have a boy friend? I hope not.

*later on*
Riley's POV:
I still can't get that kiss out of my head. I'm suppose to be just playing around with his feelings but why does it feel like I'm doing something else different? I snapped out of my thoughts. I just realized how late it is already. I yawned as I got up from the couch. My eyes were heavy. I bumped into a hard wall. I opened my eyes and realized it's actually Tony, not a wall.

He chuckles as he picked me and carried me bridal style.

"Tony! Put me down," I tell him hitting him on the chest.

"Ow! And don't worry I'm not going to rape you or anything," he says sending me a wink.

I rolled my eyes. He brought me to my room. He set me down gently on my bed and smiles. He tucked me in under my overs.

"Thanks Tony." I mutter as I snuggled into my comfy covers.

I felt my eyelids close.

"Goodnight princess," i heard him whisper leaving me a kiss on my temple.

I smiled as I drifted off to a nice deep sleep.