Chapter 24: Fighting Chitauri

Fuck this concussion shit. My head still hurts like hell. And every once in a while my vision gets all fucked up. I flew up and started to chase after Loki.

He's faster than I thought he was. A bunch of Chitauri on their chariot cut me off from chasing after Loki. I cursed. There was about 20 of them. I turned around and they started to chase after me now.

"Ri, what're you doing?" Asks Jake through my earpiece.

"Just got a bunch of bastards on my tail. I can use a little help here," I tell him as I swerve around the block trying to lose them but failing terribly.

"I gotchu," I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I hear 2 loud booms behind me. I glanced behind me and found no one is trailing behind me now. I sigh in relief. I landed down next to Jake.

"What would you ever do without your partner in crime?" He ask with a smirk.

I scoffed.

"I missed you Jake." He pulls me into a quick hug which I returned back.

Glad there's no awkwardness between us.

"I missed you more."

"Hey! Williams hands off." Says Tony through our earpiece.

I chuckled while Jake rolled his eyes. I summoned my sword making it appear perfectly back in my hands. I pressed the silver button making the blade blaze in fire.

Jake stares at it admiringly. He took out his crossbow and started loading it with arrows. We stood back to back.

"Let's kick some ass," I mumble with a smirk.

A Chitauri launched at me but I blast water at it and slashes it in half. We killed more and soon there was barely any surrounding us. Jake and I did our cool handshake.

I see Clint and Nat battling Chitauri about 100 yards from us. I sprinted my way to them and Jake follows. Clint trips a Chitauri and rams an arrow down it's throat. Nat had an energy rifle in her hands as she fights them with that.

I threw my sword making it piece through about 6 or 7 Chitauri soldiers. I summon my sword back in my hands. Captain jumps out of nowhere and starts helping us fight with his shield.

A lightning strikes down from the sky making it hit the Chitauri around us. The Chitauri convulse and drops dead to the ground. Thor landed beside me.

"What's the story upstairs?" Captain asks Thor.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor explains.

"Thor is right we gotta deal with these guys," said Tony through our earpiece.

"How do we do this?" Asks Jake wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"As a team," said Cap.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Said Thor.

"Don't we all?" I ask clenching my fist.

"Yeah, get in line," said Clint.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us-" Cap was cut off by the sound of roaring engines.

Just then, Bruce arrives on a small motorbike. He looks around.

"So this all seems horrible," he sighs.

"I've seen worse," said Nat.

"Sorry," Bruce apologizes.

"No, we could use a little worse." She said.

I nod in agreement.

"Tony? We got him," I said through my earpiece.

"Banner?" He asks.

"Yep."

"Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." He said.

We see Iron Man flies out behind a building. The gigantic enormous creature ship follows him. I grip on my sword tightly.

"I... I don't see how that's a party," said Nat.

Iron Man swoops down the streets and the enourmous creature ship follows him barreling down the street, heading our way. Bruce starts to walk towards the creature.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Said Cap.

Bruce looks at Steve.

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Bruce's body starts to swell, stretch, and harden.

His skin turns green. The Hulk smashed his fist on the creature's face. The creature flips over a 360. Tony shot a rocket from his suit towards a soft spot of the creature. It blew up and debris started to fly everywhere.

I closed my eyes as I covered my head with my arm. I felt a body covered mine. I opened my eyes and find it's Tony. I look up in the sky and see more of Chitauri soldiers and those gigantic enormous creature ship fly out of the portal. You've got to be kidding me.

"Call it, Cap." Said Tony who kept his arm around me.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything.Call our patters and strays." Cap orders to Clint.

Cap turns to Tony.

"Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or turn it to ash." Tony nods.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asks Tony.

Tony left my side and went up to Clint.

"Right. Better clench up, legolas." Tony flew up lifting Clint with him.

"Riley, I want you battling in the air, eliminate as much as you can. Williams, spawn on that building, keep an eye out for Riley." Cap orders us.

I gave him a salut. I grabbed Jake by his back and we flew up. I dropped him off by a tall building.

"Riley! Behind!" He yells poiting behind me.

Everything went by like a slow motion. I turned around. I see Loki pointing his sceptre at me. An energy blast came out of his sceptre and hit me painfully on the stomach. The energy sent me flying uncontrollably.