Chapter 56: Too Late

Riley's POV:

My heart is pounding like crazy  and the butterflies in my stomach gets worst each second. I drove as fast as I could to the location. The ride there was quite awkward since Steve was on the passenger seat and I would catch him glancing at me. 

The ride took only about an hour or less. It was literally just an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere. I parked and got out of the car. 

"We need backup," said Steve. 

"I already called Shield and informed them what's going on. They should be here shortly," I told him, avoiding his eyes. 

I gripped tightly on my sword as I made my way inside the abandoned warehouse. Once I stepped inside, the lights immediately opened. By now, Trent probably knows we're here. David tapped my shoulder and pointed at a door in the corner. Steve slowly opened the door. 

I heard loud footsteps behind us. I glanced back quickly and saw it was 5 Shield agents including Nat and Clint. I glanced back to the door. I looked and see all there is inside was a staircase. I led everyone downstairs. The lights were dim. 

The surrounding reminds me exactly from back then when I was tortured by Trent. I heard a loud applause. I looked and see Trent, my brothers, and a couple of Hydra soldiers. I bit my lip.

 "You actually found us," said Trent sounding half surprised. 

"Thanks to you," I said. 

"Now I'm going to kill every single one of you since you blew up 8 of my soldiers," growled Trent. 

I can't believe he actually fell for that. I wish he would've went with them so I wouldn't have to deal with him. His soldiers started firing bullets at us. I dodged all of them and blocked them with my sword. They all started to run different ways. 

"I got Trent," I said through gritted teeth. 

"I got Aqua," said David. 

I ran the direction where Trent ran. I followed him, leading me to a lab room. He stopped running once I stepped inside the room. I froze as I see Jake tied up on a chair. His face was red and swollen, his clothes were soaked in blood, and I could see the pain visible in his eyes. It pained me seeing him like this. 

"Riley," he said weakly. 

"Jake," I said softly. 

I rushed over to him and untied him. He collapsed down on the ground, too weak to get up by himself. I sat Jake back on the chair. I looked at Trent who was just simply watching us with an annoying smirk. 

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled at Trent.

 "Just to simply make you suffer," he said with a shrug. 

"Why can't you just kill me instead of doing this?" 

"I wish it can just be that easy," he said. 

"Kill me and let go of my brothers and Jake," I told him. 

"Riley no!" I heard Jake object. 

This is the best for everyone. Trent shrugged as he pulled out a pistol. 

"Since you're in such a hurry to die." He said. 

I closed my eyes as I got ready to die. I heard the gunshot but I felt nothing. I opened my eyes and see Jake falling on the ground in front of me and Trent is gone. He must've dove in front of me. 

"Damn it Jake," I quickly put pressure on the wound on his chest so it wouldn't bleed more. 

"R-riley," he said as he coughed out blood.

 I looked at his blue eyes. A tear drop rolled down.

 "It's no use," he said. 

"No, don't say that Jake. We'll get you out of here alive." I told him. 

I can't lose my best friend. He shook his head. He squeezed my hand. 

"I want to go, this is my choice" he told me.

 I felt a tear drop down from my eyes. 

"You can't just leave me,"

 "I'm not leaving you, I promise." His voice getting quieter and quieter by word.

 "I love you so much, Riley." He froze.

He closed his eyes. I check his heartbeat. Nothing... He's gone. I felt my heart ache. I screamed in rage. I got up and left the room.

 I need to find Trent and kill that fucker. I felt a huge impact hit me on stomach sending me flying to the wall. 

I landed hard on the ground. Blackfire headed towards me with his fist clenched. I quickly got up. I dropped my sword. I didn't want to kill him. 

"Brian," he stopped once I said his name, well his name back then.

"That is not my name," he growled as he threw a punch at my stomach. 

I groaned because of the pain. I sighed. 

"You can hit me as much as you want but I am not hurting my twin brother." I told him. 

He continued to punch me on the stomach. I plummet on the ground on my knees as I clutched my stomach. I look up at Brian. 

"I'm not going to hurt my other half," I told him as I coughed out blood. 

He froze. He shook his head as he ran past me. I slowly got up, ignoring the sharp pain in my stomach. I summoned my sword back in my hand. 

"David, where are you?" I asked activating my earpiece. 

I grabbed onto the dented wall where I got thrown. 

"Near the exit," he said. 

I jogged weakly to where the exit was. I see Aqua also known as Alex fighting with David. Alex had David on a headlock. Alex looked at me. 

"Any last words to your dear father?" He asked me. 

"Please don't do this," I begged him.

 I already lost my best friend, I can't lose my father as well.

 "I love you, Riley," said dad. 

Everything went by like a slow motion. Alex snapped his neck and I threw my sword at Alex. The whole sword went through his chest. He looked at the hole in his chest, his eyes widened, and he dropped down on the ground. 

I rushed over to my dad. My heart felt like it wad going to explode. The tears streamed down from my eyes. I lost my father, best friend, and older brother. I'm such an idiot, I didnt even get to call my father 'dad' before he died or tell him that I love him. I held onto his hand. 

"I am so sorry," I sobbed.