Chapter 48: How Is He Still Alive?!

Riley's POV:

"You have to see this, Riley," said Hill placing her tablet down on the table so I can see the screen.

"Hydra purposely sent this," she said.

She played the video.

My heart skipped a beat as I see Jake unconscious tied down on a flat metal table. He has bruises all over his face and blood on his face and shirt.

My heart skipped another beat as Victor Trent entered the video. No, he's dead. I killed him already... Didn't I? How is he still alive?! Trent looked the same as the last time I saw that bastard.

"Surprise!" He said clasping his hand.

"Didn't expect that, did you?"

"That son of a bitch," I grumbled.

"You're probably wondering why I took your beloved best friend. Well there's an obvious answer to that. I just simply want you to suffer." He said with a slight shrug.

I clenched my jaws. I see Jake starting to wake up.

"LET ME GO, YOU FUCKER!" Jake yelled at Trent as he tried to break free but couldn't.

"You woke up right in time," Trent said to Jake calmly.

"I'm in the middle of taping a video to send to your beloved Riley," he said.

Jake stopped fussing around.

"Do not bring her into this," he growled.

"Too late, I already am." Said Trent.

"Now here's the situation, Riley. You know how impatient I get from time to time. You might just hear one day that Jake here was found dead. So if I were you I'd better start searching." Trent said, smirking mischievously.

"NO RILEY! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!" yelled Jake.

Trent punched Jake on the face.

"Time is ticking, you better hurry," Trent said with a taunting smirk.

He went back to beating up Jake. The video ended.

I clenched my fist.

"I have to go find him," I said to Hill.

"We already have a bunch of agents, including myself, doing that for you," she said.

"So you expect me to do nothing about my bestfriend getting taken by the most dangerous man I know?!" I snapped furiously at her.

At this point my blood was boiling. Hill sighed heavily.

"Look, I'm just concerned for your well being. I can't let you go looking for Jake alone," she said.

"I'll go with her," said Steve.

I gave him the 'are you sure?' look.

He nodded.

"Alright, that can work," said Hill nodding her head.

I left her office, dragging Steve by his arm with me. I stopped and let go of him once we were in my office.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Helping you?" He asked confused.

"No you're not! You still have to find your own friend Bucky," I said. 

He shrugged.

"He can wait and Jake's situation can't."

"I can find him myself," I mumbled.