Chapter 43: Talks

Chapter 43: Talks

Riley's POV

After I changed into some more comfier clothes, Tony and I made our way to the conference room. We see Fury and Jake waiting for us.

"It's about time you two,"  said Fury as Tony and I sat down.

"Oh shut up Fury, you're usually the last one who shows up in meetings." I said making him roll his eyes.

"I didn't call you here to make remarks, Agent O'Conner." Said Fury with an irritated voice.

"Well I didn't come here to waste my time, sir." I said sassily, crossing my arms over my chest.

Tony snickered and Jake simply smiled.  Fury shook his head.

"Getting back to business." He said impatiently.

"Agent Williams has managed to track down Trent and his base."

I turned to Jake and he smiled and nod. I froze. I didn't know what to actually feel.

"His base is located in a small town named Kingsville in Texas. It is believed to be underground. I wanted to wait for Riley so her and I can destroy the base." Jake informed us.

"So you're dragging her to something you're not 100% sure about?" Questioned Tony.

"I know how much this means to Riley. I know she would probably want to destroy them herself." Reasoned Jake.

"If you really do know how much this means to Riley, then you wouldn't drag her there. Did you even see how broken she looked just by hearing Victor Trent's name?" Said Tony raising his voice.

I squeezed his hand to calm him down. He was right but a part of me really wants to go and destroy Trent. How can I even face him when I can't even stand hearing his name?

"She's not a little kid anymore, Tony. We all know that she is more than capable of taking care of herself." Jake argued back.

"Jake is right, Tony. We need Riley in order to complete this mission." Said Fury.

I actually forgot he was still here.

"Fine but I want to join," said Tony.

"We can work with th-" Jake cut off Fury.

"No we can't, sir. I'm afraid that Tony can't go, it'll be easier to get in the base with just Riley and I. We can't sneak inside with a robotic suit with us." Objected Jake.

"You know, I really think that you're just jealous because she's mine and not yours." Snapped Tony.

"I've known her longer than you have. So know where you stand, asshole." Jake snapped back.

Tony opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it. I stood up.

"Stop it you two! This is nonsense. You two shouldn't be fighting over this!" I exclaimed sending glares to both Jake and Tony.

I took a deep breath.

"Just to shut everyone up, I'll make the decisions. Tony is going with us." I looked at Jake when I said this and he just rolled his eyes.

Jake stood up from his seat and left the room, slamming the door shut.

"What's his problem?" Muttered Tony.

"I'll talk to him," I said.

Tony nods and I left the conference room. I went straight to Jake's office. I didn't bother knocking. I entered his office and slammed the door shut. He just simply looked at me.