Chapter 14: Tony or S.H.I.E.L.D?

Chapter 14: Tony Or S.H.I.E.L.D?

I continued punching the punching bag. I have so much in my mind right now. I feel like I'm about to go crazy soon.

I punched the bag as hard as I can making it hit the wall and the sand from the bag spilled. I never understood how I'm so strong.

A normal person probably can't do that. Well I guess, I'm not really considered normal.

I sighed as I took my gloves off and threw them on the table.

"You should really take it easy on the punching bag, it's not Fury." Says Nat entering the room wearing her S.H.I.E.L.D uniform, which is a black tight leather cat suit.

I chuckled. I sat down on the bench and wiped the sweat of my forehead. She sat down beside me. I frowned as I stared at the ground. I still can't decide and it's been bothering me like crazy.

"Agent Randall asked me to tell you that he has a new weapon to give to you," she tells me.

I just nod.

"Okay, you haven't been talking ever since you had a talk with Fury. What's wrong Ri?" She asks.

I sighed but shifted my gaze from the floor and looked at her.

"Have you ever felt something you haven't felt before towards a guy and it just pains you to think to have to be away from him?" I ask her.

She shook her head. Of course, Nat doesn't have time for a guy. Well I didn't either but things changed.

"No. But I know this is about Tony, right? Jake told me about your mission. So you actually have feelings for Tony?" She asks surprised.

"There's just something about him that triggered me to feel something I have never felt before. And over the past 5 months that I spent with him, he changed me, something I thought was impossible for someone to accomplish. I really love Tony and I'm happy with him." I confessed.

I've never really told anyone that I love Tony. I haven't even told Tony that I love him, well he hasn't said it to me either.

"If you're happy with Tony then stick with him." She tells me.

"But the thing is. I have a week and a half before I have to choose between Tony and S.H.I.E.L.D. If I choose Tony then Fury will fire me and if I choose S.H.I.E.L.D I'll lose Tony. I don't know which one is worst." I tell her running a hand through my hair.

Her jaw drops and her eyebrows furrowed.

"He can't just do that. S.H.I.E.L.D needs you and he damn well knows that." She says frustrated.

"He's the boss," I muttered.

"I can't lose this job, I don't want to. My mum wanted me to be here, to be like her, I've accomplished so much already and I just don't want to disappoint her. But I also don't want to lose Tony." I say softly.

"Look Riley, as much as I want you to be happy, but we still need you here."

Nat just looks at me with pity in her eyes. I got up on my feet, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the Training Room.

I went to my room and threw my bag across the room. I changed into a white loose top, black leather jacket, black jeggings, and dark brown combat boots.

I exit my room and headed my way to the Weapon Room. I scanned my ID on the scanner and the door opened. I entered. The room was filled with different types of weapons hung up on the wall. I see a gigantic metal door with an eye and ID scanner. Only Fury, Hill, Phil, Jake, and I can enter that room.

"Surprise seeing you here, Riley," I hear a familiar voice.

I look to my right and found Agent David Randall. David was my trainer when I was young and I treated him like another father. We do look kinda alike mostly our eyes, at least that's what people say.

I smiled lightly. "Nat told me that you have a new weapon for me," I say as I sat on a chair and rest my hand on the silver desk.

"I never told Nat to tell you that. But, we talked this morning and she told me that you were acting different and she actually just told me like 5 minutes ago that you're having trouble." He tells me as he sat down across from me.

I sighed as I rest my elbow on the table and buried my face in my hands.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?" He asks me.

I look at him. His green eyes were focused on me.

"If you have to pick between work and love. What would you pick?" I ask with a sigh.

"Love because that's a hard thing to find and it's not like I'm going to be an agent for the rest of my life." He answers.

"Is Fury making you decide between S.H.I.E.L.D and Stark?" He asks.

I nod my head. He knows me too well.

"And I don't know what to pick. S.H.I.E.L.D saved me, I owe Fury my life and my mom wanted me to be like her. I don't wanna disappoint her. But Tony, he's different, he changed me and I love him so much. If I pick S.H.I.E.L.D I would have to leave Tony and if I pick Tony I have to leave S.H.I.E.L.D." I explained to him.

"Your mom did want you to be like her. She also made tough decisions in her life and she followed her heart, and I want you to do the same. Follow your heart." He tells me with a small crooked smile.

"But what if I make the wrong decision?" I ask him.

He shrugs.

"Then you'll learn from it." I nod my head.

He's right. I gave him a small smile.

"O yeah and I actually have something to cheer you up with," he smirks.

He got up and went to the sword section. He picked up a cool looking sword. It looks so familiar. I got up from my seat and walked over to him.

He took the sword out of the sheath and handed it to me. I gripped on the handle and looked at in awe. My fingers suddenly felt warm and calm. I smiled, it feels like this sword was made for me.

"That was your mother's," says David softly.

I see a printing at the end of the blade. "Queen of Ember" but then it dissolves and changed into "The Element". I guess it's mine now.

That was so cool. My thumb came across a small silver button. My curiosity got to me and I pushed the button. The blade of the sword started to blaze in flames. My jaw drops.

"Your mother was invincible with that sword," says David with a grin.

I pushed the button making the flames disappear.

"Too bad she didn't have it when that man murdered her." I muttered.

David gave me a sympathetic look. I put the sword back in it's brown sheath and attached it on my belt holster.

"Thanks David," I pat his shoulder.

"Don't mention it," he smiles.