Chapter 8: Would He Be Worth It?

Chapter 8: Would he be worth it?

Tonight, Tony and I are invited to a wedding anniversary sorta thing from one of Tony's good friend, Finn Saunders. I was surprised when Tony actually agreed on attending but good thing he did because after all Finn is his friend.

I took a shower and dried my body and hair. I checked the time, it's only 6:15 pm. Well the party starts at like 6:45. Tony of course will be arriving fashionably late since he said he has somewhere to attend to.

I did my hair and kept my makeup simple. I got dressed into my red maxi dress that showed my back and complimented my curves pretty well, silver pumps, silver earrings, and of course my necklace.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror and did a little twirl. Damn, I actually look pretty. I head outside and got in Happy's car.

"You look good Riley," Happy complimented.

I flashed him a smile and thanked him.

He drove for about 15 minutes and we arrived at a large mansion. Happy and I entered checking off our name from the guest list.

Everyone is dressed fancy, good thing I did as well. Happy excuse himself to go to the washroom.

"Hey you must be the famous Riley O'Conner," greets a man with a flashing smile.

He has light brown hair that is neatly slicked back, kind hazel eyes, light skin, and is very tall.

"Well you got the famous wrong but the name right," I said.

"Don't worry I'm a good friend of Tony and Fury. You secret is safe with me." He tells me with a mischievous smile.

I gave him a questioning look.

"Oh how rude of me. I'm Finn Saunders," he said.

I don't remember Fury telling me anything about him. But then again I never pay attention to anything Fury say. I shook those thoughts away.

"Are you an agent as well?" I ask quietly.

He shook his head, "I'm not an agent, but let's just say I'm one of those lawyers who always covers up for S.H.I.E.L.D, when you agents break laws."

I chuckled, "You must've saved me from a lifetime of jail then."

A woman with blonde hair, light green eyes, and smaller than me approaches us. Finn wrapped his arms around her and smiled at her like she is the only happiness in the world.

I smiled at their cuteness. I wonder if I will ever have someone look at me like that. Well with the way my life is going right now, I don't think so.

"Riley this is my wife Kara Saunders. Kara this is Riley." We shook hands.

"Oh yeah, Tony's girlfriend?" She asks making me chortle.

"I'm not Tony's girlfriend, I'm actually just his personal assistant." I explained to her.

"That's a bummer well you look better and nicer than Tony's last girlfriend, Pepper Potts." She tells me.

Wait, I thought Pepper was just Tony's assistant, not his ex.

I hear someone call out Finn and Kara. They excused themselves and left me. I look around and found Rhodey upstairs. Rhodey is Tony's best friend but Jake and I worked with him before when we helped the military.

I approached him since I didn't feel like socializing with anyone else. We talked until he had to go back to the military base.

"Look who it is," I turned around and see Zach Terrence.

He has a giant cut on his lip. Oh yeah Tony kicked his ass couple days ago. He probably put makeup on his bruises.

"Zach what're you doing here?" I ask him.

"I was invited duh," he said rolling his eyes.

I want to punch this guy. No shit, you're here because you're invited.

"I'm not stupid. I meant, why are near me? After getting your ass kicked by Tony the other day, I would've expected you to stay away from me." I say.

He unexpectedly smirks which honestly annoys me to hell.

"My mom always told me to follow my dreams," he winks.

I mentally puked. He's not bad looking but he just annoys me to death from always hitting on me.

"Then your mum should've told you to wake the fuck up and realize I am way out of you league," I tell him with a sarcastic smile.

I see his smirk turn into a frown. He grabs my wrist in a tight grip and dragged me to the nearest room. He closed the door.

"Let go of me or you'll regret it." I muttered the last part.

I don't want to use my powers of combat skills on him because I didn't want to blow up my undercover. But if I have to, then I will.

He lets go of my wrist. "Who's in your league? Famous billionaire Tony Stark? That man doesn't know how to love and will never do. He doesn't have a heart, he doesn't even care about you. He will just play with you and once you realize it, it'll be all too late." He spats angrily.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "You're just trying to make him look bad. You don't know him like I do." I say.

He scoffs. "Oh but I do, Riley. I've known him longer than you have. You're not the first girl he's introduced to his friends. All this is just a fun game for him and once he's tired of you, he'll move on to the next game. I know you like him Riley and it's too late for me to warn you about him but it doesn't mean it has to go any further." He tells me pinning me to the wall.

I shook my head and pushed him off.

"You're just filled with bullshits," I said to him before heading out of the room and going back downstairs.

The front door opens and in came Tony strutting in with a girl, his arm around her waist. I felt a pang of pain on my chest.

"Who's filled with bullshits now?" Asks Zach, who I haven't realized was behind me.

I closed my eyes and sigh. "Tony Stark." I told him.

Actually in all honesty, I think I'm the one filled with bullshits. I chose to believe that Tony actually cares for me even though deep down I know it's just too much. He's just playing me like how he plays with every other girls.

Why do I even care so much? And why does it actually hurt? He's just a mission, all this should just be an act. I'm the one who's suppose to change him but why does it feel like he's the one changing me?

Just about a month ago, I was an arrogant troublemaking spy agent who barely cared about anyone other than myself and who doesn't feel pain emotionally. But now every time I see Tony with some other girl, it pains me.

I feel such an idiot for actually thinking that Tony and I had something going on and will actually grow into something good. Maybe those kinds of stuff just happens in my dreams, in my fantasies.

Maybe I do like or feel something for Tony, but how can I even tell him when I can't even accept it myself? If I tell him, would it be worth it? Or would I just get my heart broken even more?