Chapter 52: Phone Call

Riley's POV

"Thats not possible," said David his voice shaky.

 "Look, you said they were kidnapped by Hydra and murdered. What if they never killed them?" I asked.

 David just ran his hand through his hair. I'm not sure about my theory but I can feel that there's something... Odd. My phone rang. I took it out and I walked far from Steve and David. I answered. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey hon," said a voice I've been wanting to hear for such a long time.

 "What's wrong with you?!" I exclaimed at him.

 Yeah I miss him but I'm also pissed at him for not replying back to my text messages or my calls for over 3 weeks.

 "I'm sorry, I was just very.. Busy," he said quietly.

 "Busy on what?" I asked.

 "Everything!" He snapped.

 Why is he being so pissy? I just asked him what he was busy with. My temper got the best of me.

"Oh I'm fucking sorry, am I interrupting your 'busy' times with Pepper?"

 "What the fuck?! She doesn't even mean anything to me. YOU mean everything to me not her!" He yelled frustratedly.

 "Uh huh, I mean the world to you? If I was, I would be your first priority. You can't even find a quick minute or two to text me or call me just to check up on me. I was out for a whole week and I almost died. I woke up expecting that you at least tried to check up on me but no I got nothing from you!" I can feel the tears escaping from my eyes.

"Riley I-" I cut him off.

 "I can't do this right now. Bye." I hung up before I snap even more at him.

 I closed my eyes and took a deep shaky breath. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and I see Steve looking at me with a soft expression.

 "Why are you crying?" He asked me as he wiped my tears softly with his thumb.

 "Nothing," I said my voice cracking a bit.

 "It was 'him', wasn't it?" He asked with a frown.

 "We're just going through a rough patch, don't worry about it," I told him, giving him a fake smile.

 He nod his head. I walked up to the front porch where David was. He was staring at the ground looking like he's deep in thoughts.

 "What's the plan now?" I asked David.

 He looked at me, I can see the sadness clearing through his eyes.

 "We have to make sure that it is them," he said.

 "Okay, we can do that," I said nodding my head.

 Simple enough. Just get their blood samples. Steve stood next to me with his arms folded.

 "Where would we find them?" asked Steve.

 "Question is. Where should we let them find us?" I asked them.

 It can't be here, of course. 

"I know where."

*Later*

We planned for everything we had to do. It's a simple plan and I just hope it works. I got dressed in a simple black hoodie, black jeans, white low top shoes, and glasses. Steve is wearing blue hoodie, black jeans, black hightop, baseball cap, and eyeglasses. We can't be recognized in public, it'll make a huge scene.

 "You ready?" Steve asked me.

 "Yeah, it's David who I'm worried about." I told him as I glanced at David who was already in the car staring at a distance.

"Let's go, it's getting late," said Steve checking his wristwatch.

 I nod. We got inside the car. David drove to a mall. He parked at the parking lot. David gave Steve and I both syringe with a pointy needle. Steve and I got out of the car. I hid both syringes up my sleeve. Steve and I made our way inside the mall. It wasn't too crowded.

 We head inside the Apple Store. I hacked onto one of their macbooks. I logged it on my fake S.H.I.E.L.D account., it's still my name but it's not my actual account with my actual files. I searched up Blackfire and Aqua.

 "We have exactly about 3 minutes before they barge in here." I warned Steve.

 "We'll leave at the 2 minute mark," he said eyeing our surrounding.

 I nod as I focused my attention back to the screen. I read as much files about them as I can, which is not a lot and not helpful. Steve grabbed my hand.

 "We have to go," he told me hurriedly.

 He practically dragged me outside. I see Blackfire and Aqua heading our way. Steve and I turned around so they wouldnt see us. I passed him his syringe.

 "Ready?" He asked me.

 I nod.

 "Go."

 We quickly turned around. We stabbed the needle on their arms. I had Blackfire and Steve had Aqua. I see the blood go on the tube of the syringe.

 I felt a strong impact hit my face. I cursed as I stumbled back losing my grip on him. I put the syringe in my pocket before I lose it. Blackfire tried to tackle me but I quickly dodged him.

 Steve grabbed my hand and we started to run away. Blackfire and Aqua trailing hot behind us. They started sending water and fire balls at us. We dodged most of them. Hopefully it didn't hit anyone else.

 "I have a plan," Steve panted as we continued running.

 "Jump and hold on to my neck when I say go." He told me.'

I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't get time to ask him why.

 "Go!"

 I did what he told me to do. He carried me in his arms and he jumped out of the railings. I closed my eyes as we plummet down 15 ft to the main floor. I opened my eyes and see that we actually landed safely.

 "I could've just use my powers," I told Steve as he put me down.

 "Doesn't matter right now," he told me as he grabbed my hand again.

 We started to run to the exit. David pulled over close to us. We quickly got inside.

 "How did it go?" asked David as he start speeding up.

 "Better than I thought it would go," I said as I pulled out the syringe from my pocket.

We got back to David's home. I gave David the sample of Blackfire's blood and Steve gave the sample of Aqua's blood. He also needed to get sample of my blood. Steve and I left David in his office to work on the bloods.

 I took out my phone. I missed a call from Tony, 3 times. He left me a text message. I opened it. 

Tony: I know you're super pissed at me but I miss you like crazy. Please call me as soon as you can :(

I dialed Tony's phone number and I was about to press the call button but David cut me off.

 "It's positive." said David.

 I felt my jaw drop a little.

"They're your brothers," he told me.

 Oh crap.