Chapter 13: This Is Going To Be A Hard Decision

Phil, Steve, and I entered the Quinjet. I was wearing a light denim button down with my sleeves rolled up a bit, black jeans, gold watch, and black combat boots. My hair is up on a high ponytail. I sat down beside Steve and across from Phil.

I met Steve just this morning when Fury recruited him. He's polite, a gentleman, humble, and overall seems like a great guy. Of course, I use to be a huge fan of Captain America when I was young and I know for a fact that Phil is as well. I can tell he's secretly swooning over him. I actually had a big crush on him when I was young.

But I, unlike Phil actually grew out from my Captain America fan girling. Phil gave a tablet to Steve containing informations and acts from the soon to be 'team'. I just hope that this 'team' will actually work out.

I hear the Hulk's famous roar on the tablet. I feel bad for the Hulk, he loses control of his anger and next thing he knows he turns into something he can't control.

"So, this doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" Asks Steve with a questioning look.

Phil stood up from his seat and stood behind the pilots but facing us.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Explains Phil.

"The formula used on you was very unique that it'll take over millions of tests to make. Trust me, I've been there." I said butting in.

I flinched a bit just remembering those moments of my life. The torture and pain is still hard to forget up until now. It's definitely something I hate to relive. Steve looked at me.

"Is that how you got your powers?" He asks.

I shook my head.

"I was actually born with my powers. The millions of test only either intoxicated my body temporarily, do nothing at all, or upgrade my powers." I tell him as I snapped my fingers making a small flame, small water ball, and air ball come out through my fingertip.

I blew it out. Steve looks amused. He looks back at his tablet, at Banner's profile.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" He asks meaning about Banner.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, the guy is like Stephen Hawking." Says Phil with a small smile.

I can tell that Phil is fan girling inside and he's just trying to hide it. Steve looks at us confused.

"He's like a smart person," I tell him. He nods.

"I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you, officially." Says Phil excitedly.

Here comes the fan girling mode of Phil. I bit my lip watching Phil struggle to get his words out. Steve smiles at Phil.

"I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were asleep," he says awkwardly.

I covered my mouth as I tried not to laugh. Real smooth Phil. I see Steve trying to hide the awkward uneasy look from his face. He looks down and closes his tablet as he stood up. He and Phil started to talk more and

I drifted off into my own thoughts. What does this Loki guy need? Is Jake and Clint safe? We finally arrived at the Helicarrier. Phil, Steve, and I made our way out of the jet.

I see Natasha heading our way. I smiled as we hugged a bit and pulled away. Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow is one of my very close friends even though she tried killing me the first time we met. It's a long story.

"Agent Romanoff this is Captain Rogers," says Phil.

"M'am," Steve says with a small nod.

"Hi," she said with a dull tone.

She turns to Phil. "They need you on the bridge," she tells him.

Phil nods. "See you there," he says before walking away.

Steve starts walking towards the railing of the ship, Nat and I followed him.

"There was quite a buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his trading cards yet?" Asks Nat.

"Trading cards?" Steve asks.

"They're vintage, he's very proud," I snickered.

I see a man walking around nervously as people keep walking his way. I look closely and realized it's Dr Bruce Banner aka The Hulk.

"Dr.Banner," Steve calls him.

We walk up to Bruce as he looks at us. Steve shook his hand and Bruce shook my hand after.

"Oh yeah hi. They told me you two were coming," he says looking at Steve and I.

I gave him a small crooked smile. "Word is you can find the cube." Says Steve.

"Is that the only word on me?" Bruce asks.

"Only word I care about," says Steve.

My earpiece buzzed. "Agent O'Conner please report inside immediately." Orders Fury.

"Copy that," I muttered.

"I'll see you guys later," I said as I jogged inside the Helicarrier.

I went to the main place of the ship where Fury and most agents were. I hear Fury orders to fly the ship. I felt the whole ship shake a bit before levitating up in the sky. Fury turned to me with a slight surprised reaction.

"You actually listened and followed orders.. For once." He said as he walks up to me.

"I guess you can say that I've changed," I say with a smile.

"Good. Now how's your mission going?" He asks.

"Well I'm his girlfriend for 4 months now and he's making a progress, not quite there yet but soon he will be a changed man." I inform him.

He nods. "I'm giving you a week and a half. After that, I need you back up on your ass here in S.H.I.E.L.D. Break whatever else you have with Stark because he'll just become a distraction." Says Fury emotionless.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? You want me to pull this mission off in a week and a half? I thought the deadline was whenever his old assistant comes back?" I ask him in disbelief.

"Plans have changed. We need you back doing other important missions. Why? You don't wanna leave Stark? Are you in love with him?" He questions me.

"Fury, he's the reason why I have changed tons. And I can't just leave him like that." I tell him with a sigh.

"So you are in love with him?" He asks clarifying it.

"N-no, I'm not." I lied to him.

I am in love with Tony but I can't let Fury know that.

"Good because we can't have you distracted. Now it's either you leave Stark or leave S.H.I.E.L.D." He tells me with another emotionless stare before walking away.

I let out a breath that I didn't even realized I held in. Oh shit. This is going to be a hard decision. Fuck! Why does Fury have to be such a jerk sometimes?!