Chapter 50: New Enemies

Riley's POV:

David finally managed to complete tracking down where Trent video was sent from. According to him it's from somewhere in Philadelphia. David is currently flying us there. I took out my phone. Still no signs from Tony. I frowned. Steve snatched my phone.

"Hey give it back!" I exclaimed reaching for it but he keeps putting it out of my reach.

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'.

I finally stopped trying and I folded my arms. I huffed as Steve putted my phone in his pocket.

"You gotta stop thinking about Tony. I'm sure he'll call soon but you gotta focus." He told me.

"I am focused," I mumbled.

"You check your phone every 5 minutes," he said shaking his head.

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"We're here," said David as we landed.

We got out of the quinjet. We're at the SHIELD's base in Atlanta. David looked at his phone.

"The location is 15 miles away from here." He informed us.

We got inside a ferrari. it's not the best car but it's still pretty fast. I chose to drive since I'm the best driver/racer. We reached our location within 10 minutes since I was going full speed, dodging any vehicles that was in my way. It's an abandoned looking warehouse. I parked infront of it. I tightened my mask and gripped tightly on my sword, Steve got his shield ready, and David got his guns fully loaded. I'm ready to get my best friend back.

"Let's do this."

We busted the door open. The whole place was dark and empty. The only light we get is from outside since we broke the door. But since we decided to walk even further, the light was no longer at our reach. Yeah this is probably just a set up.

"This doesn't feel right," I mumbled quietly.

I heard footsteps. I lit my sword on fire so we can have light. We started searching the place. It was empty. All of the sudden my sword got snatched from me. I tried looking around but it's pitch black.

"Riley, why did you put out your fire?" Asked David.

"I didn't. Something or someone snatched it from me," I said through gritted teeth.

I tried summoning back my sword but nothing happened. What the hell? I lit up fire from hands. I looked around and saw nothing but Steve and David looking around looking confused. I heard someone snapped their fingers and my fire went out. I furrowed my eyebrows. Someone else is definitely with us.

"Show yourself!" I demanded.

I heard a loud thud near me. I clenched both my fist as I got ready to fight whatever it is. It's irritating me so much. I felt a strong fist hit my stomach. I groaned in pain.

"Riley!" I heard Steve and David.

I need light. I need to see what's going on.

"We'll show ourselves to only you Riley," I heard a male voice said.

I clenched my jaws. Okay. I can deal with that.

"Steve and David get out," I said.

"What?! No!" Said David.

"I'll be alright, I promise," I assured him.

I heard them sigh as I heard their footsteps fade. The lights finally turned on. I sighed in relief, I hate the dark. I can never see what's going to happen next. I looked around looking for whoever was just messing with me earlier. I see 2 guys walking towards me. They look so much alike. Short brown hair, green eyes, tan skin, tall and muscular built. One of them looked about my age. The other looked older. The one who looked my age was holding onto my sword.

"Where's Trent?" I questioned them.

"You'll never find him," said the oldest looking guy.

"Who even are you guys?"

"I'm Blackfire," said the one who looked my age.

"And I'm Aqua," said the oldest looking guy.

One controls fire and one controls water, I'm pretty sure.

"What do you want from me?" I asked trying to keep my calm.

"To destroy you," smirked Aqua.

I smirked back, this guy doesn't scare me.

"Good luck with that boys," I started running to the exit.

The lights turned off making my surrounding dark again. I hate fighting in the dark! I continued running. I felt a sharp dagger hit me on my stomach. I pulled it out and I felt it, it's my sword. I gripped the sword tight in my hand so they wouldn't be able to steal it away from me again. The pain didn't stop me from continuing to run. I see the light coming from outside. I dove outside. Steve and David rushed to my side.

"Oh my god!" said David as he looked at my stomach.

My uniform was soaked in blood. My uniform is black which you can barely notice if I'm bleeding or not, but this you can clearly tell that I am soaked in blood. I groaned because of the pain.

"We gotta get out of here," muttered Steve as we see Blackfire and Aqua making their way towards us.

I tried getting up but Steve scooped me up, carrying me bridal style in his arms. He started to sprint really fast towards the car. I see Blackfire and Aqua sending fire and water at us. I blocked their elements out with my air elements. Steve hopped inside the car. David drove as fast as he could. Steve sighed in relief.

"They're not following us anymore," he told us.

"Riley, just hold on you're going to be fine," David said his voice trembling.

I nod my head shakily. Steve took something out of his pocket, it was my phone. He handed it to me.

"I think someone texted you," he informed me.

I opened my phone and found a text message from Hill:

Maria Hill: Hydra is watching us. They want you. You guys can't come back here. They also know you're wounded so they're watching almost all hospitals near you. Don't go to any of SHIELD's base or any hospital. Stay low for now. Be careful and good luck.

"We can't go back to any of SHIELD's base or any hospital." I told them through gritted teeth.

"What?! Why?" Asked David confused.

"Hydra is looking for me," I said.

"Well where else are we going to go?" Asked Steve.

"She's losing so many blood, we have to treat her wound!" Said Steve sounding panicked.

My vision started to blur. Oh shit. I felt very woozy. This is not good. Steve noticed and he pulled me closer to him.

"Stay with me Riley!" He exclaimed desperately.

I stared at his piercing blue eyes. That's the last thing I remembered before falling into a pit of darkness.