Chapter 17: Finding Out

I stretched, since my back is still in pain. I hear a knock on my door. I opened the door, it's Tony and Phil.

Tony was out of his Iron Man suit and changed into his normal casual attire. He smiles at me.

"Everyone is at the briefing room." Phil informs me.

I nod as I walked with them to the Briefing Room. Tony held my hand as he and Phil talked.

My mind was still on Loki. Why did he give up so easily. It just doesn't seem right. He's planning something. I just don't know what.

"Iridium, what did they need that for?" I hear Bruce ask making me snap back into reality.

I realized we are back at the bridge. Nat and Steve were sitting down while Thor, Bruce, and Agent Hill were standing up.

"It's a stabilizing agent," says Tony as we walked in.

"I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive." Tony says to Phil.

I wonder what they had been talking about.

"Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD." Says Tony to Bruce as he let go of my hand.

I sat down next to Nat.

"No hard feelings, point break. You've got a mean swing," Tony tells Thor.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide and as long as Loki wants," I explain referring about the Iridium.

I drifted off to my thoughts again. More questions about my decisions. More questions about Jake and Clint. More questions about Loki. There's just so much in my head. I snapped back to reality.

"Finally, someone who speaks English," said Tony.

"Is that what just happened?" Asks Steve looking more confused than ever.

Tony and Bruce shook hands.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Said Tony.

Bruce looks down. "Thanks," he mutters.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Nick said walking in.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Says Steve.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn 3 of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Says Fury.

"Monkey? I do not understand." Says Thor looking lost.

How can I blame him. He lives in another planet.

"I do! I understood that reference." exclaims Steve.

I chuckled. Tony rolls his eyes annoyed, while Cap looks proud of himself.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asks Bruce.

Bruce nods, "let's play some."

"Riley-" Fury cuts off Tony.

"Sorry Stark but we'll be needing Agent O'Conner for something else." Says Fury.

Tony sighed but nods anyways walking out with Bruce. Soon everyone else started to leave. I was left with Fury and Phil.

"What do you need me with?" I ask Fury.

"I need you to interrogate Loki." Fury tells me.

I nod. Seems easy. Fury left. I turned to Phil.

"Don't do anything reckless," says Phil.

That's pretty hard for me.

"No promises," I mumbled.

He sighed. "I just want you safe, okay. Loki is no ordinary men. And everything I say and do is just for your own good." He tells me as he pats my shoulder.

I smiled and nod. "I know Phil and I couldn't ask for a better dad than you." I hugged him and he hugged back.

We pulled away and I made my way to where Loki is kept. I scanned my ID and the door slid open. I stepped inside.

There was a big glass container and I see Loki inside of it. Two agents are guiding the control panel. Loki noticed me and smirks.

"Ah, I didn't expect you to be here Agent O'Conner."

"Trust me, you probably won't enjoy me being here." I tell him as I sat in front of his cage.

"Where's Agent Williams?" I ask him sternly.

He sat down on the bench facing me.

"You know, your friend Jacob has told me a ton of things about you. Some good, some bad. But I think, I wanna share one of the bad." He said as he got up from his seat and faced the camera.

I stood up. What is he doing?

"Tony Stark, did you know that the only reason why Riley is with you is because of a mission. Her mission was to make you fall in love with her and did you know that she's going to leave you within a week or so?" He asks.

I froze and I felt my heart skip a beat. Oh shit. This can't be happening. Loki turns to me with a taunting smirk. I clenched my fist as I wanted to punch and knock the hell out of him.

I fumed but I shook my head as I rushed out of the room. I ran to Bruce and Tony's lab. It was only Bruce. Tony was no where to be seen.

"Where is he?" I ask him.

"He's in his room," he tells me.

I nod.

"Did he hear what Loki said?" I ask him as I scratched my neck.

He nods. "I think everyone did."

Oh this is not going to end well.