Chapter 26: It's Time To Go Home

"These so called heroes have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?" Asks Senator Boynton.

I rolled my eyes. We saved your life you asshole. Some people think that this is our fault. Yes it might be but at least we took care of it. But most people think that we are good and thanked us for saving their them. I flipped to another channel.

"Secret Identity of The Element has been revealed. Turns out it's the famous Tony Stark's girlfriend/personal assistant, Riley O'Conner." Said the reporter showing a picture of me in my suit from his phone.

I sighed. Great. Now the whole world knows.

"I would like to thank The Element. Without you, I wouldn't be with my baby. You're a blessing." Said the woman who I recognized from the subway station.

I smiled. I turned off the tv. My door opened. I grinned as David entered. He pulled me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Never better," I answered.

We pulled away. I looked at his eyes. They look so familiar.

"That's good, firefly," he tells me.

I froze. He-he just called me what my father use to call me?! Oh my gosh. That's why his eyes look so familiar, I saw it yesterday when I almost died in space.

And no wonder why he has the same blood type as me. And his initial, he must've just used his middle name for his last name. David Randall O'Conner. It all makes sense now. I pushed him and he stumbled.

"I hate you," I spat at him.

After all these years, my father was beside me all along.

"Riley, let me explain-" I cut him off.

"No! I don't want to hear another lie from you!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry for everything," he said softly.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you? Why did you keep this secret from me for so long?" I ask him a tear rolling down my eye.

"I couldn't tell you because you had to find out yourself, the reason why you couldn't remember my name and face and also with your mother's and brother's is because of a side effect from one of the things that Trent injected in you. Fury, Phil and I knew how much you despised me, so we didn't tell you, we thought it was for your own good." He explains to me.

I clenched my jaws.

"I never wanna see you again." I tell him.

A tear rolled down from his eye but he nods.

"I understand. But if you ever need your father, you know my phone number." He said.

He left my room. I wiped my tears away. A part of me just wanted to hug him and forgive him. But the other part of me just doesn't want to forgive him. Well I said what I said and I can't take it back.

I took my duffel bag and left my room. Today we go back to our original lives and send Thor and Loki back to Asgard.

After what happened here in New York, I don't think anything will ever be normal. I shook hands with Fury and Hill.

"Seeing as the world knows you're the Element now. I can't send you in too many missions. So you'll be only half time here in S.H.I.E.L.D." He said with a frown.

Yes!! I smiled and nod. I walked outside where the quinjets were. I see Tony talking to Jake. I passed my bag to one of the agents. I approached them.