Chapter 31: Gotten Out of Hand

Riley'sPOV:

"A true story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies,and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knock-off The Chinese Theater. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry...the big one is coming." Said The Mandarin.

"Your graduation."

Then it disappeared. I hate these damn terrorist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony and I just found out that Happy was at the Chinese Theatre last night when the Mandarin bombed it. Tony immediately rushed to the hospital where Happy is kept.

I decided to stay home to avoid the press. I turned on the T.V. I went straight to the news channel. Tony got interviewed.

"Our sources are telling us that this is another Mandarin attack. Anything else you can tell us?" Asked one of the reporters who is crowding around Tony.

"Hey Mr. Stark! When is somebody going to kill this guy? Just sayin'." Asked a jerk.

I noticed Tony glare at him.

"Is that what you want? Here's a little Holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know that you're a coward so I've decided That you just died, pal.
I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here; it's just good, old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon; it's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10880 Malibu Point. I'll leave the door unlocked.
That's what you wanted, right?" Tony said as he took the jerk's phone and threw it.

"Bill me." He said before getting in his car.

DID HE SERIOUSLY JUST GIVE AWAY OUR HOME ADRESS TO THE PRESS?! My phone rang.

I answered it; it's Jake.

"Your boyfriend is a dumbass!" He exclaimed.

I'm guessing he just saw the news.

"What the fuck is he doing?!" He asked.

"I don't even know," I said face palming myself.

I heard him sigh.

"Look I'm like half way around the world away from you guys are-" I cut him off.

"Jake, where did you go anyways?" I asked changing the subject.

"I'm sorry Ri, I can't tell you." He said. I frowned.

"Why?" I asked.

"I got to go! Bye!" He said quickly hanging up before I can say anything else.

I sighed. Something is definitely up. The front door opened. Tony walked in. I glared at him. He raised his hands up in surrender.

"Honey, I can explain-" I cut him off.

"Why the hell did you give our home address to a group of world's deadliest terrorists?!" I asked him raising my voice.

"Ri, calm down." He said.

"You know the only way I can calm down is if we leave this place right now." I tell him.

He shook his head.

"Riley, we're going to be fine." He tried to reassure me.

There's no way we're going to be fine here.

"Are you hearing yourself? 'We're going to be fine'?! After you just gave out our address, you think everything will be fine?! No! We have to leave now!" I told him sternly.

"Why can't you just trust me?!" He snapped.

"Because you're going to get both of us killed by your decisions." I snapped back.

He sighed heavily. He stroked my hair and stares into my eyes.

"I love you. I'll never let anything bad happen to you." He said softly.

"I know that Tony. But this has gotten out of hand." I said, I started walking up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To pack." I answered him.

"Come on, Ri." I heard him sigh.

I reached our bedroom. My phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket. It's  an unknown number. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I opened the text message.

Unknown Number:  Beware. I'm going to destroy your life.

I scoffed. Is this person for real?! He/she is going to ruin my life?! That's a nice joke. Probably one of those stupid text pranks.

Me: Ooohhhh! I'm sooo scared.

Unknown Number: You should be. I know your weaknesses and your fears. Like maybe killing your lovely boyfriend Tony Stark, your longtime best friend Jacob Williams, and your little pathetic Avengers team. I know everything about you Element.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Okay who the hell is this creep. This is no ordinary prank.

Me: listen up creep. Whoever you are, I will find you and set you on fire.

Unknown Number: I'll be looking forward to it. I suggest you to take this seriously because I'm working with the Mandarin and you and Tony will be dead in no time.

Me: what do you want from me?!

Unknown Number: I want you to suffer! I want you to suffer the same way you suffered watching your beloved mother die!

I dropped my phone and I backed away from it. I started getting flash backs of the time my mother got murdered. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I opened my eyes again and I started breathing heavily. I picked up my phone again. I clenched my jaws. I texted back.

Me: Go die bitch.