Chapter 34: Tennessee

Tony's POV

"Sir. Sir!" I heard Jarvis voice exclaimed.

I opened my eyes, finding that I was still flying but it's night already. My whole body was aching so much.

"Alright, kill the alarm." I told Jarvis. 

"That's the emergency alert triggered by the power dropping below 5 %." Jarvis told me.

I felt my suit shake a bit and my suit ran out of battery, I began falling. I screamed as I crashed down almost hitting a car and a deer. I tumbled around and I hit the hard ground. I groaned as I lay on my back. I took off my face mask. Snow? Snow on the ground?

"It's snowing, right? Where are we, upstate?" I asked Jarvis.

"We are 5 miles outside of Rose Hills,Tennessee." Jarvis responded.

My jaw dropped.

"Why?!" I exclaimed, freaking out.

"Jarvis! Not my idea! What are we doing here; this is thousands of miles away, I've gotta get Riley, I've got to-" I trailed off.

"I prepared a flight plan. This was the location." Jarvis said.

"Who asked you?" I asked grumpily.

"Open the suit." I ordered.

"I think I may be malfunctioning, sir." He said, his speaker crackling.

"Open it J." I said.

My suit opened up. I instantly regretted my decision since the ice cold wind would constantly be blown. I sat up.

"That's brisk!" I said shivering as I rubbed my hands together.

"Maybe I'll just cozy back up for a bit." I said as I lean back on my suit.

"I actually think I need to sleep now, sir." Jarvis said wearily.

"Jarvis." No answer.

"Jarvis? Don't leave me, buddy." I said weakly.

No answer again. I sighed. I need to talk to Riley. I got up on my feet as I look for helpful things around me. All I managed to find was a rope. I shrugged. It's useful. I tied my rope on my suit and I started to walk, dragging my suit behind me.

After what seemed like forever, I finally reached a gas station. I walk up to the Indian statue and I took it's poncho and wrapped the poncho around my freezing body.

"Stark Secure Server: Now transferring to all known receivers." It's apologizing time.

It's now or never. I walked to an old phone booth and entered it.

"Riley, it's me. I've got a lot of apologies to make and not a lot of time, so first off. I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. I'm also sorry for not always being there for you when you need me and I'm sorry for not listening to you. Also, it's Christmas time. The rabbit's too big. Done. Sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because... I can't come home yet I need to find this guy. And don't you dare say you'll find him too. I can't let you do that, Ri. Just promise me you won't. I can't risk losing you and getting you into more danger. You gotta stay safe and I love you. That's all I know. I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian." I ended the message.

I really miss Riley and it's killing me that I'm the one to blame for getting her in danger. I got out of the phone booth and started to drag my suit again. I came across an old looking garage.

I broke inside. The garage was not in the best shape but it'll do. I see a couch. I placed my iron man suit on it. I sat beside it.

"Let's get you comfy." I said as I arranged it.

"You happy now?" I asked.

I looked around. Everything here seems pretty old. But the gadgets and pieces of equipment looks like I can still use them.

"Freeze!" I looked up.