Chapter 19: Argument Part 2

"Agent O'Conner, report to the Briefing Room!" Calls out Fury.

I clenched my jaw but headed my way to the Briefing Room. Fury, Phil, Tony, Steve, Bruce, Nat, and Thor followed.

"What the hell were you thinking about?! You could've gotten killed by that psycho! " Exclaims Phil, clearly pissed off at me.

"I can take care of myself. I don't need you, I never did." I snapped at him.

Everything and everyone went quiet. The team and Fury just watched us.

"Who's my father? Where is he?" I ask sternly glancing from Phil to Fury who both avoided my gaze.

"You guys lied to me! You told me you have no idea where he is but it turns you knew perfectly well where he is. In fact he's working for you!" I exclaimed angrily at them.

"You actually believed that lunatic?" Asks Fury in disbelief.

"Maybe I do Fury," I said to him.

"Look Riley, you're just letting your anger get to you, that's why you're believing that psychopath." Said Phil trying to calm me down.

I scoffed. "We're way past that Phil. I'm believing him because it's the only thing I know about my father other than he's a ruthless man who gave me to an evil scientist who tortured me." I spat at him angrily.

"You're a lot like your father. But your father had control of himself, he took responsible of his mess, and most of all he loves you very much." Phil said to me.

I felt a tear rolled down from my eyes.

"That's fantastic. So you're telling me I'm going to be like him? That I should look up to him? You want me to give up my child to a mad scientist and disappear completely after that? Well I'm sorry but I'll never do what he did because I'm not a monster like him." I tell him sternly.

His jaw drops a little.

"How dare you?" He asks.

"No! How dare you?! You're telling me he's responsible and that he loves me. Don't you think it's his responsible to keep me safe, to make sure no one hurts me?! He did the exact opposite. And if he loves me so much, why did he throw me away?! You know how much I despise that person and now you're telling me all this. He ruined my fucking life!" I yelled at him.

Phil just stood there looking at me. I wiped my tear and glanced over to Fury.

"I'm quitting this Avenger team and SHIELD if you don't tell me who he is by tomorrow." I told him vigorously.

I stormed out of the room before he or anyone else can protest against it. I made my way to my room and slammed the door shut.

I picked up my tablet from the table and threw it as hard as I can on the wall. The tablet shattered in pieces and a huge dent was seen on the hard wall.

I plopped down my bed and I buried my face in my hands. I hear a knock on the door. I ignored it. I hear the door creak open and footsteps. I look up and see it's Tony. He plopped down next to me and sighed.

"Why are you here?" I ask him.

"I just wanted to check up on you," he tells me.

"Why? Aren't you mad at me or something" I ask him softly gazing into his brown eyes.

He held my hand and sighed.

"Yes I'm still mad at you. But that doesn't mean I stopped caring for you." He said smoothly giving my hand a comforting squeeze.

I gave him a small smile. It's nice to know that he still cares.

"So do you forgive me?" I ask him.

He bit his lip as he let go of my hand. I'm guessing that's a no. I frowned.

"No not yet. I'm sorry," he tells me as he gets up and gets ready to leave.

"What do I have to do?" I ask him.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at me.

"I don't know," he admits.

"You know, I just hope that when you are ready to forgive me that it wouldn't be too late. Yes I didn't tell you about my mission but that doesn't mean I didn't meant the things I told you." I tell him.

He opened his mouth to say something but he shook his head leaving my room. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

If only Jake was here. He'll understand and he'll listen to me. That's why I need to get him and Clint back.

Ring! Ring! I opened my eyes and I realized my phone was ringing. I got up and picked it up from the table. I look at the caller ID; it's Phil. I frowned and declined his call. He left a voicemail but I decided not to open it. I put my phone in my boot.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor and Riley as well. I hear Nat through my earpiece.

"Copy that," I muttered pressing on my earpiece.

So that's Loki's plan. I'm guessing he wants to unleash the Hulk so he can destroy the whole Helicarrier. But I feel like there's something more to it.

I'm usually right whenever I get these kinds of feeling but for everyone's sakes I hope it's wrong. Is he trying to use the Hulk for distraction?