Chapter 54: Tears

Chapter 54: Tears

Riley's  POV

Here I am, in the middle of nowhere. No gas, no phone battery, and really no fucks to give. By now Im pretty sure that I ran out of tears, if thats even possible. Right now, Im just parked in an abandoned street.

I heard gunshots. My back window shattered. Shit! I looked and see it's Blackfire and Aqua, also known as my brothers. They kept shooting as they walked up closer and closer.

I took a deep breath and I casually exit my ruined car. I raised my hands up in surrender. They stopped shooting.

"Why give up so fast?" Asked Blackfire.

"I need to talk to both of you," I told them as I dropped my hands down.

"There's no need to talk. We're here for one reason and that is to kill you." Said Aqua.

"Well that's not going to happen because I won't let that happen. Also because I know you wouldn't kill your very own sister." I told them.

They both furrowed their eyebrows in confusion as they stopped right in front of me.

"What the hell are talking about?" Asked Aqua.

"You're my older brother, Alexander David O'Conner," I said to Aqua.

"And you are my older twin brother, Brian Randall O'Conner." I glanced at Blackfire.

Aqua chuckled. "I get what you are doing. You're playing mind tricks with us so we wouldn't kill you."

"I can kill you both right now, all by myself. But I can't because you're my brothers."

Aqua rolled his eyes and Blackfire just stared at me with blank expression. It's hard to read whatever he's thinking unlike Aqua who I know just wants to kill me right at this moment.

"Even if you are my little sister. I don't really care. You went on the wrong side and you have to die," said Aqua as he fired his gun at me.

I quickly dodged it, before it pierced through my skull. They started firing more bullets at me but I dodged all of them.

Once they ran out of bullets, I took the opportunity and sprinted away from them. I looked behind me and see them chasing after me. I see dark deadly looking flames about to attack me.

I stopped running as I stuck my hands out. Nothing happened. What? Why isn't my powers working?! Oh crap. The flames were literally a feet away from me. I closed my eyes as I got ready for the painful effects that probably comes with it.

I heard a big thump. I slowly opened my eyes. Steve is standing in front of me with his shield blocking out the deadly fire that was thrown at us. How did he know where I was.

Once the flames were gone, Steve took my hand and we sprinted off. Thank god Steve is incredibly fast since he was pretty much dragging me all the way. We got inside a car. David immediately sped off once Steve and I jumped inside the car.

"What were you thinking?!" Asked David.

"Look, I'm not in the mood to argue or explain," I growled slightly.

The whole car ride fell into deep silent. Once we arrived back home, I went straight to my bedroom without looking or saying anything to David or Steve. I don't think I can explain to them whatever happen between Tony and I, without crying my eyes out.

*Next Day*

I woke up, still feeling the same pain I felt last night. I did my morning routines, changed my clothes, and made my way downstairs. I went outside at the front porch. I frowned, it's dark and it's raining hard.

I sat at the steps. I didn't care if I was getting wet from the rain. I can't get sick anyways, thanks to my powers. I took a deep breath as I felt the tears coming back and the thoughts of him flooded back in my head.

I loved him... I loved him so fucking much. I'm here barely handling the pain the he caused me while he is probably off somewhere with Pepper. I hate myself for being so stupid, even though I knew something was up, I let my heart tell me lies that he'd never hurt me. He probably never truly loved me, if he did he would've never cheated on me.

I heard footsteps. I quickly wiped my tears away. Steve sat down next to me.

"What's wrong, Riley?" He asked me softly.

"Have you ever loved someone so much with your whole heart and you wake up one day and realized that you can't have them because they're with someone else?" I asked him.

He glanced at the ground and nodded his head.

"It hurts but as long she's happy then I am too," he said.

"You know what sucks even more than that?" He shook his head.

"That the person you love, that promised to never hurt you... Replace you with his ex who broke his heart into millions of pieces."

I felt the tears drop down from my eyes once again. I just can't hold it in.

"Was it Tony?" I just nod as I buried my face in my hands.

I felt strong arms being wrapped around me.

"Just let it all out," he cooed.

I stood up and walked my way in the middle of the field.

"What are you doing?" asked Steve as he caught up to me.

"I'm going to let it all out," I told him.

I started to scream as loud as I can. I fell on my knees. I finally stopped after about 15 seconds. I started breathing heavily. Steve helped me up.

"Let's get you inside," he said as he wrapped his arm around me.

We went back inside the house.

"Thank you," I told Steve.

"For what?" He asked.

"For saving me yesterday and for comforting me," I gave him a small smile.

He chuckled.

"I won't ever get tired of it," he told me as he scratched the back of his neck.

I raised a brow. Is he nervous?

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because I was told that if I love someone, I shouldn't give up on them. Even if she's deeply in love with someone else, I won't ever stop being there for her and loving her with my whole heart." He said.

Before I can say anything, he went upstairs leaving me completely shocked.

Did he just admit to me that he loves me?