Chapter 48: Official

Here's a new chapter and still a Ziall chapter. I think a lot of Niam shippers would get mad at me after reading this chapter. Sorry about that. I will reassure you that Niam would still get together somewhere in the future. I will not make it easy for Zayn and Niall to be together (I put a clue in this chapter and it's up to you if you can find it). Anyways, there's a cliffhanger at the last line of this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy reading!

* * * * *

Niall's POV

The moment we were off air, Zayn immediately rushed off outside of the studio booth. I saw in his eyes the sting of the betrayal that I unleashed. I was badly hurt too but there's nothing I can do but to tell a lie, at least that's what I thought the right thing to do. I couldn't just blurted out in public that I had an intimate feelings towards him, that would be a suicidal moment and not to mention our careers would flunk out in the toilet. The media would go crazy and who knows if the fans would stick around if they found out that Zayn has a homosexual tendency. He looked straight as Liam was. It's enough for this band to have three gay people but what would happen if the media found out that all five members of One Direction was homosexual, I couldn't even begin to fathom what would happen. It's a freaking disaster waiting to happen. All I could do right now was to conceal Zayn's tendency as much as I can. And as far as I know, Liam wouldn't unexpectedly release his sexual orientation out in the open or would he?

My inner thoughts were distracted when I felt a hand pressing in my shoulder. It was Louis'.

"Follow him," he stated plainly. There was a worrisome tone imprinted in his voice. I nodded at him, scurrying away to follow Zayn, leading me to the bathroom.

The moment I got in, I immediately locked the door behind me, just in case someone wanted to barge in. I needed this moment to talk to Zayn, to reason with him that I had to lie because I have to. I'm protecting him.

"Who's there?" Zayn called out. His voice broke in sobs. But hearing those somehow prickled my bleeding heart.

"It's me," I said calmly, trying to locate his voice in multiple stalls.

"Go away!"

"Zayn, listen---"

"Leave me alone!" He let out a screeching scream, giving me a startling reaction but I located his whereabouts so I slowly pushed the stall door and saw a broken Zayn sitting down on a toilet. His eyes were swollen with tears, redness of his cheeks visible enough to know that he was in an immense pain, and his hands were trembling in rage. It was a horrifying sight to see, at least for me.

I slowly crouched down on the white tiled floor of the bathroom, reaching out to him, trying my best to calm him down but no matter what I do I can't help but to feel bad for what I've done.

"Why... Niall..." Zayn asked desperately. The betrayed, pained look in his eyes was excruciating to see as if someone tore his limb out of his body without any anesthetic. "Were you---" he choked on his words, trying his best to deliver the words in any way possible. I slowly caressed his back, letting him know how sorry I was.

"Am I what?" I asked gently, still caressing his back, calming him in the best way I know.

"Were you embarrassed to be with me?"

I was startled by his question. It literally paralyzed me on the spot. The way his gaze studied me was really uncomfortable. Of course, I'm not embarrassed to be with him. I had my reasons for doing the way I did.

"Of course not, Zayn. How can you even ask me that?"

Zayn looked at me intently. I could see that he was taken aback by my response. The tension between us was running high somehow. Maybe because we were the only people locked in that bathroom stall or maybe the truth has its way on every person.