Chapter 3: Troubled Heart

Lying on bed undressed, Zayn was recalling a memory that happened moments ago. He slowly grazes his finger over his heated lips that touched Niall's. He caught himself smiling at the thought.

* * * * *

The warm sunlight streaming on the window into Zayn's exposed torso and the chirping birds outside playing around on a trunk of an oak tree wakes him up. He pulls the duvet away from him, stretching his limbs. A low, satisfying cracking sound erupts from his body. Then, pulling himself away from the bed.

The urge of his bladder takes precedence so he took that first. Looking at his reflection on a mirror, he sees his extremely messy hair, sticking out in every direction. A paled complexion face is staring back at him. 

"You're beautiful, you know that, right?" he winks, starting the day with his narcissistic humor. Then proceeds, with his usual morning routine by grabbing his toothbrush; he gently squeezes the mint-flavored toothpaste, grazing it barely on top of the toothbrush. He turns on the faucet, wetting his toothbrush. Then, he plunges his toothbrush onto his mouth, scrubbing his pearly whites with a smile on his face as he sway his sideways, not leaving Niall in his mind and the intimate moment they shared together last night. 

He quickly steps put of the washroom, walking towards into the windows, grabbing the bottom part of the window and pushing it in an upward direction. 

Chilly wind slaps his entire body as if thousands of needles prickling his skin.

Holy shit! 

Instantly, he pulled down the windows, shivering in the process, and says, "I guess it's not a good time to walk around the neighborhood. He glances at his phone, which was blinking in blue light every three seconds, indicating he has a message. 

Zayn felt a terrifying sensation washing all over him. Niall's face flashed before his very eyes. He starts to doubt whether if Niall was thinking of him the way he thinks of him. In the process, his slender, long hands start to tremble. 

Still looking at the LED screen of his phone, Zayn wonders if he sent the message, still looking at the 1 unread message. He felt a huge relief escaping from him when he sees Mum on the message as soon as he opens it. 

It was just a regular text message from his mum, checking up on him. They have this close mother-son relationship. He was grateful that she's supportive about his music career. She was there since the beginning until where it will take her son. 

Zayn decides to answer the message after breakfast. He quickly put on an Abercrombie & Fitch light blue graphic tee with an eagle logo on front of it and a black Adidas jogging pants with three white stripes on the side. 

Before stepping outside, Zayn peeks first, glancing at the hallway, scanning if the familiar Irish boy is near somewhere. He's not even sure if he's ready to talk to him, let alone see him. After all, he did steal a kiss. 

Zayn remembers every single thing about last night...

He kissed Niall.

His soft, moist lips rocked his world. Both of his hands were touching his warm, rosy cheeks. It felt like watching fireworks exploded in the midnight skies, erupting different colors that only a creative imagination could summon. They shared an intimate moment for about five seconds until he realized what he did to the innocent Irish lad. 

"I-I'm so-sorry, Niall..." His amber pupils were dilated in shock, mouth gaped. His instincts kicked in, immediately fleeing from the scene without looking back.