Chapter 61: Torment

"Liam!" Niall ducked down instantly, covering the hardening member of his, trying to unleash its power to the world. His cheeks were burning red due from the embarrassment that happened. He rushed towards the bed where his shirt was located and put it on immediately.

"What are you doing here?" Niall squeaked as he quickly put on his shirt and praying that his angry member in his crotch would subside a little bit.

Liam couldn't help but to smile seeing Niall in this condition. It always fazed him to see the radiating happiness emanating from the adorable Irish but his happy demeanor when he saw a shirtless Zayn sitting on the far corner of the room, glaring back at him. Then, a realization hit him so hard!

They were in a middle of something...

"I didn't know you had company," Liam spoke bitterly, not breaking away the glaring contest he's having with Zayn while Niall was struggling buttoning his shirt up.

"Yeah, Zayn arrived earlier today, just visiting."

"Really?" Liam's tone was filled with sarcastic amusement. "What exactly are you visiting here, Zayn?"

"Just visiting Niall, that's all," Zayn shrugged, completely reading the taunts being thrown by Liam.

"So it is true then, that you two are still together."

Niall felt a bone-chilling shiver that ran in every inch of his skin, passing through to his very core. He turned around to see an evil expression on Liam's. Niall was shocked as his boyfriend, mouth gaping and eyes widening. They were cautious on their sneaking and yet someone found out what they were hiding.

Liam confirmed his suspicious from the silent he received from the lads. He wasn't exactly surprised because he saw the two of them kissing before they left London weeks ago.

"You lied to me, to Harry and Louis, and most especially to Simon," Liam spat. "I hope you both know what you're getting into."

"Liam—" Niall called out to explain his side but the Wolverhampton lad was quick on his feet to leave the room. He was about to follow him but his Bradford boyfriend grabbed his arm, pulling him, enclosing him in his chest.

"We have to do something," Niall wiggled out harshly from Zayn's warm hug. "I have to explain him—"

With brute force, Niall was able to release himself from the restraints coming from his boyfriend, making a run for it as if there's no tomorrow. He heard Zayn calling out for him but his instincts were telling him to ignore it. There's nothing scarier than for Liam to spill out their secrets that they tried to hide for as long as they can. Losing Zayn is not an option on his list. Niall wouldn't hesitate to crawl, roll over and beg if he has to just to convince Liam to keep his mouth shut.

The blonde felt his heart thumping so loud inside his chest as the adrenaline spread throughout him. Millions of scenarios were running in his head but all of them ended up him and Zayn breaking up.

He found Liam on their backyard, standing still with Liam's back facing him. He proceeded cautiously, not wanting to startle the angry lad.

"Liam..."

Liam slowly turned around. His face was devoid of emotions, which made Niall really uncomfortable because he couldn't tell what Liam was thinking.

"Listen Liam... Zayn is really important to me. He's the love of my life..." Niall could feel the tears forming at the corner of his eyes but he tried his best not to let it fall. He can't get emotional at a time like this. He has to convince Liam that telling their relationship would be a very bad move.

"I just hope you could find it in your heart not to tell anyone about it," Niall reached out for Liam's warm hand and looked directly in those chocolate brown orbs, hoping that his desperation could reach him.

Liam tried his best for his feelings not to overwhelm him but he failed miserably. The betrayal of his beloved one was one of the worst feelings a human could ever felt. He unconsciously bit his lip; slowly closing his eyes and breathes calmly as he possibly can. When he opened his eyes, the familiar cerulean orbs that he love was still staring desperately at him, Liam was sure that there's nothing that he could do.

"How could you even ask me that?" Liam asked weakly. His voice was shaking in nervousness. His heart was aching in so much pain, so much agony for the love that he felt for the blonde.

"It's like you're asking me to stop breathing..." Liam's defeated tone was evident on how he was feeling at the moment.

Niall wanted to hug the taller lad but he knew it would make things even more difficult. He just hoped that there was a way he could do to alleviate Liam's anguish.

"The truth is, it's killing me seeing you this way, Liam," Niall grieved. They've been friends for almost two years now and seeing him this heartbroken was making him really sad as well.

"I just wish there was something I can do to ease your pain..."

"There is something that you can do."

"What is it?" Niall snapped his head up, smiling widely. The thought of him helping Liam to lessen his heartbreak was something that he would do.

"Leave Zayn and stay with me."