Chapter 53: Misery

This is a very short chapter but I decided to make it Larry. I haven't been able to write for so long and so I thought this is a good time to introduce some drama within Larry. Like I've mentioned months ago that they'll be encountering some bumps on the road. Well, here's one right now so enjoy!

* * * * *

Niall's POV

This is awkward. You could literally hear crickets from the background by the awkward silence that enveloped our hotel room. Okay, back up, Harry was hanging out in my room and we shared some laughs then suddenly Louis came bursting in and tried to get in to our conversation but Harry gave him the cold shoulder as if Louis was invisible or something. Definitely, something was not right between them.

"So..." I started, trying to break away from the silence, glancing between them. Both of them were looking elsewhere. I could feel the tension between them. "What's new?" I laughed nervously.

"Well, a little birdie told me you've got yourself a boy toy," Louis grinned, his eyebrows moved in sync with each other. Somehow, there's a devilish in his expression in a funny way.

"FYI, Zayn's not my boy toy," I replied sassily, sticking out my tongue in front of him. I knew he was trying to lighten up the mood considering what was happening right now.

"At least he's not cheating on Niall," Harry snapped, glaring at Louis.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What the hell is going on?!

My eyes widened in astonishment as soon as I heard Harry's reply. Louis had the same reaction.

"Cheating? What are you---"

"Don't even try to compare Zayn to yourself. You make me sick!" Harry growled. Betrayal and anger were visible in his mint green eyes that were once so innocent and sweet.

"Harry, what's going on?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to fuel the anger building up inside of him. At the same time, I even questioned myself. The scary question that I was dreaded to ask, trying to avoid ever since I got in the relationship. "Zayn is cheating on me?"

Harry turned around, facing me. The harsh, raging expression on his face quickly turned into a soft, innocent one.

"No, Niall. Zayn would never do that to you. He is madly in love with you. Remember the bucket and the card?"

The anguish that seeped through my heart slowly to fade away hearing Harry's statement. That's right, he wouldn't do that to me. Zayn was not capable of doing such a thing. I know that Zayn loves me so what was Harry so angry about?

"Oh, my God. He wouldn't." My eyes widened in awe as I put the pieces together. I slowly turned, looking at Louis directly. There was a subtleness of sadness in his face and I couldn't help but to feel bad for him.

"See, even Niall was disgusted with your actions," Harry grunted, not showing any kind of mercy towards Louis.

"I didn't do anything," Louis replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"The hell you are!" Harry exploded in rage. His fists were clenching together ready to pummel any second.

I caressed Harry's shoulder down to his back, trying to calm him down. It wouldn't do any good if any one of them would have a bruised face because we have a gig in a couple of days. And if the management saw that, they'd be screwed, and so am I.

"Harry, why are you so hostile?" Louis asked irritably. "You've been acting strange for the past few days."

Harry was dumbfounded on what he heard, quickly turning towards me.

"Would you believe this guy?" Harry pointed back at Louis.

"Let's not jump into conclusion, Harry," I suggested. It won't do us any good if we really don't know both sides of the story. Maybe this was some kind of miscommunication and things go south immediately after that. I have to fix this.

"What are you talking about?" Louis asked.

"You cheated! Damn it!" Harry broke in tears, collapsing on his knees. He covered his face with his hands to soften the loudness of his cry.

Louis rushed to Harry, hugging him so tight, caressing him. However, Harry doesn't like the idea of Louis touching him.

"Don't you dare touch me!"

"Harry, I didn't cheat on you. I would never hurt you like that," Louis explained gently, slowly attempting another hug.

Louis felt his heart shattered into million pieces the moment Harry looked at him. His mint green eyes that once full of life were now enveloped in despair and agony. It pained him to see Harry in this condition.

"For the love of God, Louis. For once, can't you at least be honest with me!" Harry started crying again; unable to restrain all the emotions he tried bottling up inside of him.

"I am honest with you. I really don't know what you're talking about."

Harry paused for a while, gathering his thoughts and courage to let it all out in the open. He knew subconsciously that somewhere down the road that this could be the end of his relationship with Louis. But no matter how hard he tried to ignore it, he just can't keep living in a lie anymore.

"I know you've been talking with Eleanor..."