Chapter 11: Shielding Him From Pain

It took me a while to write this so I had to postpone of uploading this. This chapter has some intense drama and so it is befitting to write a very long update. Jealousy starts to crept up on this chapter so I think it's good for some :D If you're a Niam fan then you will definitely love this update. And also, I mentioned Danielle's name here. For the record, I don't hate her. I think she's an amazing person. It's just her portrayal on this story is quite needed to add drama. Lastly, enjoy and don't forget to vote, comment, and fan me!

* * * * *

There were no words to explain how furious Liam was to see the love of his life underneath of another man. The green-eyed monster called jealousy rearing its ugly head and corrupted Liam with its evil power.

The Wolverhampton lad couldn't help but to feel the jealousy spreading all over him. What bothers him the most was the way that Zayn looked underneath him as if he's made of glass. It literally killed him. Was the jealousy clouding his judgment or was it something else?

The moment Niall's crystal blue eyes met Liam's; he felt the extreme intense of emotions bursting through inside of him. He couldn't bear to look anymore; the pain was squishing his insides. His world crumbled into nothingness.

Liam barely managed to look away from the terrible gaze. He'd rather walk away from it before he does something stupid that he might regret later. He heard someone was calling his name but he wasn't strong enough to stop from his track and turned around but instead he dragged his feet that somehow weigh a ton. He shut the door behind him, creating a loud noise then buried himself under his pillows.

Niall starts thrusting vigorously the door with his bare damaged hands. "Liam! Open the door!" His white, pale hands started to bleed. The blood splattered on the door and down on the hardwood floor. Niall has always been scared over silly things but this time, the intensity of his fear was quite different. The thought of losing one of his best friends was too much for him to handle and it might drive him mad and when that happens, he's as good as being dead. His relationship with Liam was a special one. Liam has always there for Niall through thick and thin, through good times and the bad. Niall thought that he wouldn't last a day without Liam by his side. 'Niam' as what the fans call their bromance. Both Liam and Niall don't mind this relationship that only the two of them can comprehend. And now, Niall was completely devastated because he thought Liam loathe him.

"Go away! I wanna be alone!"

Niall was still banging the door with all his might, ignoring the stinging pain he felt from his bleeding hand. He doesn't care if he broke every single bone on his hand. He needed to get through to Liam no matter what the cost. "I'm not leaving here until you open this door!"

"What do you want?"

"We need to talk." Niall pleaded once more, hoping that his attempt would change Liam's mind. Living life without him was the same as living without a beating heart.

"There's nothing to talk about." Liam said in a betrayed tone. Tears were forming on the edge of his eyes, wiping it off and pulling the blankets over him. Going through that betrayal stung so much that he wanted to end his life. Only Niall can made his heart beat as fast as the lightning drew itself in the stormy sky and as slow as the turtle move its own massive body on an endless journey. His mind kept recalling that horrendous memory that he might lose Niall to Zayn. A wave of bone-chilling shivers splashed over him that runs through his whole body from the nerve on his feet to his brain. Unlike Niall, he doesn't scare easily but the thought of losing Niall was one reality that he doesn't want to live in.

No matter how he tried to hold it in, Liam couldn't contain the tears streaming out of his eyes. He thought that if he cried it all out, he would feel better after letting it out all at once. Suddenly, he felt a very sharp pain piercing through his heart when he heard a yelping sound coming from outside. Liam jumped off from his bed; he instantly recognized that thick, Irish voice. He knew that Niall was in tremendous pain. Liam preferred to endure pain rather than knowing that Niall feeling pain. From the beginning, he shielded Niall from any kind of pain. He thought that as an obligation of being an older brother until comes a day when this obligation turns out not to be anymore. Somehow, Niall slowly made his way through his heart. He knew that he's feeling something special about Niall. That was when he started dating Danielle because having those feelings for Niall was very wrong. Danielle helped him to bury his feelings for that charming Irish boy slowly and surely but he wasn't able to dispose it completely. Every time that Niall would get sick, feel depressed or down, Liam would cancel or postpone his date with Danielle no matter how important it was. In his eyes, Niall's welfare was far more important than everything else. He would stayed all night long in Niall's bedroom just to make sure he ate properly, drink his medication, and tuck him in bed.