Chapter 36: My Chicken Is Your Chicken

As I've promised, I will post the next chapter today. I've worked hard on writing this despite of my schedule. I was glad I had a vacant time today until tomorrow. Hopefully you guys will love it.

I dedicate this chapter to @Nallie97. I really appreciate those words you put together. I really didn't expect that the previous chapter had that much potential. To tell you the truth, I rushed writing it. But thank you :)

* * * * *

Niall's POV

I pushed Zayn right away. My hands started to trembled as to question my brain what just happened. I saw Zayn startled with what I've done.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked worriedly as he gently caressed my lips. His eyes were filled up with concern as if someone just stepped on me.

"No." I answered in disappointment. Why does my heart longing for a boy who doesn't even want to be with me and yet here I am in front of the perfect boy ready to take a leap of faith for me and I can't even take that jump?

"I'm sorry, Zayn..."

"Sorry for what?"

"I like you but I like Liam more..."

As those words left my mouth, I instantly noticed the changed the expression on his face. I wasn't really expecting that expression. He smiled and I don't know why.

"I hate to ask this but why are you smiling?" I asked as my mind tried to answer the same question.

"Just because you like Liam more doesn't mean I'm giving up on us." He said as he adjusted his seat then look forward.

I was really glad hearing that from him. I thought he was going to storm out from the car.

"Cocky, aren't you?" I said as a chuckle escaped from my mouth.

"No, I'm not. The word is confident." He winked at me then turns on the ignition of the vehicle.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Nandos." He answered then planted a quick kiss on my forehead. It was an endearing kiss.

"Yay."

* * * * *

Nandos' parking was full so Zayn park a couple blocks away from my favorite restaurant. As we walking down the street, I saw this pawnshop building and I instantly saw a jewelry that reminds me of my childhood. I quickly in ran in front of it as I placed both my hands and forehead against the glass wall of the building.

"Niall, wait!" I heard Zayn behind me. "What is it?" He asked while looking at sapphire gem embedded on top of a platinum ring. It sparkled like a star in cloudless midnight sky. I really couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to touch that ring one more time.

"This looks like my grandfather's ring." I smiled enthusiastically as I explained to Zayn the significance of the ring.

"My grandfather had that ring once but according to my father, Gramps had to sell it because my uncle got really sick and they had no money at that time."

"Oh..." Zayn frowned.

"I just felt bad for Greg though."

"For Greg. Why?" He asked.

"Gramps was supposed to give it to him as heirloom." I said as a laugh escaped from my mouth.

"You're cruel, Nialler." I heard Zayn followed a chuckle.

"I always had to borrow it from Gramps and it really annoyed Greg." I said as my mind looked back on that specific memory that made me smile. Having a memory with my Gramps was a really fun time for me.

"Maybe it was your grandfather's." Zayn said as he pointed the ring that we're looking.

"Couldn't be."

"Why?" He asked as I saw him glancing at me.

"Gramps sold it to some French guy and brought it back to France."

"That sucks."

"I know!" I answered him sarcastically which made him laugh so loud.

While in the middle of devouring my food, the restaurant got filled with cheery and persistent fans. We had no choice but to play nice with them. It really annoys me when somebody interrupts me while I'm eating. That was one pet peeve that I couldn't get over with. Zayn immediately noticed that so he suggested that we will pose for pictures later. He is so sweet and considerate.

Did I fall in love with the wrong boy?

Minutes later, the fans disappeared from our sight and resume our meals. I was surprised when Zayn put his chicken over my plate.

"What's this?" I asked confusedly as I put down my spoon.

"Chicken." He smiled as he answered my question.

"I meant why are you putting on my plate?"

"You love chicken, don't you?"

"Yeah, but you like chicken too, right?"

"Making you happy is enough for me to give up my chicken." He smiled once more. That smile that made my heart melts and with those words, I almost fainted from my seat.

Zayn is really the sweetest guy.

The next thing I knew is him wiping off sauce from my lips as I chewed joyfully on the chicken that he gave me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Anytime, Nialler." He smiled back.

Minutes later, my phone started vibrating and when I answered it, I almost vomit on hearing the voice on the other line.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, NIALL?!" The screeching voice yelled on the other line. It was my best friend, Cher.

"I'm with Zayn at Nandos." I answered back as I put distance the phone from my ear. Hearing her loud voice might put a strain on my ear. Then, I hang up.

"Who is it?" Zayn asked as he took another bite of a sandwich that he ordered.

"Cher."

I almost heard Zayn gulping the moment he heard Cher's name. Cher wasn't really the most-friendly type. It's weird that my best friend doesn't get along much with my band mates except for Liam. For some odd reason, he is the only one that can tolerate Cher's wild personality.

"What does she want?" Zayn asked worriedly.

"I don't know."

Within ten minutes, I heard a yelling voice coming in inside of Nandos. To my surprise, Harry and Louis were behind her.

"What is this?" She asked as she pointed the two of us alone on a table.

"Eating. It's called eating, Cher Bear." I explained as I tried making it more believable.

"Nuh-uh, I don't think so." She shook her head violently as Harry and Louis were speechless on the scene that Cher was trying to put on.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"This is a date, isn't it?"

That word made me laugh but not Zayn. He turned red in an instant.

"It's true then?" Cher glared at me.

"No!" I defended. "Tell him, Zayn." I said as threw a glare at him.

"We're on a date." He said in a blank expression that made all four of us gasped. 

* * * * *

Any thoughts? :D