Chapter 9: Eavesdrop

First, I think this is the longest chapter update that I've written so far. It has seven pages on MS Word but I don't know how many pages it'll be in here. That is where I usually write these updates because it has spell checking and grammar corrections. Anyways, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @Fanganator. I'd try to write this on first person narration but it sounded weird so I changed it back to third person, I hope you're still going to read this. Enjoy! And don't forget to vote, fan and comment. Help me out here ;)

------

The lads were exhausted after a full three-hour rehearsal. They sing. They dance. And they play with each other. Harry and Louis were the first one to enter to their seven-room mansion followed by Zayn, caressing his neck. His throat was acting up since he's always been given the hardest and complicated notes to sing. Followed by Niall whose stomach has been growling for the past half-hour. And followed by Liam who has a severe headache keeping the lads in line.

"Harry, Louis, no running in the house!" Liam yelled. Niall jumped from the loud of Daddy Direction's voice.

"Would you mind lowering your voice?" Zayn squinted his eyes. He doesn't like loud noises except for the screaming passionate fans. It's like music to his ears.

Liam chased the lovebirds that were playing around in the kitchen. Zayn rested his swollen body on the five-seater brown upholstered couch. He raised both of his feet on the antique white coffee table on the front. He rests his head on the soft cushion of the couch behind him and closed his eyes.

"I'm exhausted," He grunted. Then, he suddenly felt someone sit beside him. When he turned his head sideways and opened his eyes, he wasn't expecting to see a familiar face.

"Niall!" He gulped and he instantly sit up straight like he was going to be executed. Zayn gazed at Niall's face and swore that looking at him would take away his exhaustion in an instant.

"What?" Zayn slightly tanned cheeks were now pink. He couldn't take away his stare at the beautiful blue eyes of Niall.

"Oh, nothing," Niall giggled. Hearing Niall's giggles was also another music to Zayn's ears. He wouldn't mind hearing them twenty-four hours a day, seven times a week. His heartbeat starts to rise when Niall put his head sideways to Zayn's left shoulder.

Lub dub. Lub dub. Lub dub.

He started to have cold sweats coming out from his pores. It made him feel worse when Niall held on to his left hand. The thumping of his chest even beat harder and stronger every second. He closed and prayed that Niall won't notice it.

"What do you want, Niall?" His voice broke down into a high-pitched tone to indicate his extreme nervousness, which made Niall turned around.

"What's wrong with your voice?" Niall's blue eyes are even more beautiful up close. His face was getting closer and closer. Zayn tried moving his face backwards but failed so he moved it sideways. "What are you doing?!" He protested.

Oh god, Niall! What are you trying to do to me?! You know it's hard to resist looking at your face on this angle, Zayn thought.

"I'm concerned." Niall pouted. He felt like Zayn doesn't want him around.

"Am I really that repulsive?" Niall starts to look away and stood up but Zayn grabbed him and pulled him down.

Repulsive? Why would you think that? You're the most beautiful boy I've ever laid my eyes on, Zayn thought.

"What do you mean?" He cleared his throat before his voice broke down again. Still can't stop looking at Niall's mesmerizing eyes. No matter what he does, he can't stop thinking about what happened the last time they were alone together. He is trying to take control over his heart before his body moves against his will.