Chapter 21: Crybaby

Niall's POV

I was really into my deep thoughts when my mum interrupted me once again. "Ready to go?"

Her shoulder length blonde hair accentuates the floral design clothing under her pink cardigan with the faded denim jeans she's wearing. Her feet were somehow covered with the black strap of gladiator sandals. Simplicity at its best. My mum is not really that fashionable but it really looks good on her.

"Sure." I nodded as I followed her out of the living room and out of the main door. Although, Rover whimpered as we left the house. It broke my heart when I heard that noise coming from a dog. I felt like we were never coming back.

As I sat down on the seat beside the driver's seat in the car, my mind is still filled with confusion. The feeling behind my torn feelings between Liam and Zayn is bugging me for a while now. I just wish that I could put it to rest but I don't know where to start.

"You have that face again," my mum pinched my cheeks, turning it to bright pink. I really need to stop zoning out in front of my mum. She can easily read single move I make. The sole reason that I went back to Mullingar is to spend good quality time with my family and yet my mind and my heart is somewhere else but when I'm at the London mansion, all I could think about is feeling remorse for not seeing my family. What is with me?!

"Sorry, mum," I said while pushing down the button on the door for the window to go down. Letting the chilly wind hit my face made me wiggle. I keep wondering what would my father say if I showed up unannounced. My father and I are not that much close but it doesn't mean that I don't love him. I have very much deep respect over my father. The most accurate description for my father would be 'the man with few words.' I kind of get used to it though but growing up is a little bit harder for him because of the divorce and my brother and myself would sometimes at his place and sometimes with my mother's. As years passed, we decided if we stayed at just one place and that would be at my father's. And every other weekend, we would spend at my mum's.

"What do you think your father would say?" She turned the ignition of the car. The engine roared to life and the wiper blades starts moving instantly, motioning from left to right. She immediately turned off the wiper blades located on the bottom left corner of the steering wheel. Then, she adjusted the rear view window.

"About what?" I asked while I looked at her adjusting the window.

"You showing up all of a sudden." She smiled when she centered the rearview window. She extended her arms to reach out for the seat belt and drag it across her chest and wait for it to attached then we heard a clicking sound.

"You know your father is bad at surprises. And remember, he had that heart issue."

Hearing it once more made me worried. For years now, my dad would complain about his chest. Greg keeps bugging him to go to the doctor's but he won't budge at all. He said that the meat shop requires more attention than his chest then they would argue about neglecting our father's health. Greg is definitely not interested on the meat shop and so am I. It really raises a concern to me knowing that our grandfather died from a heart attack. Maybe I should give dad another talk to this heart issue, maybe, just maybe he will listen to me.

"I'm sorry, mum. You think I shouldn't come home?"

She cupped my cheeks and gives me kisses. "Oh sweetie, no of course not. I am definitely happy that you pay us a visit. I'm still grateful that with your hectic schedule, you can still have a time to think about your family."

"Aw, mum. You're making me blush." My cheeks are turning pink at every second. I really like it when mum does that, making me feel like a baby. I miss that feeling.