Chapter 49: Crumble

A new chapter for you guys to enjoy. I'll apologize in advanced because this looked like a rush work because it is lol. I just wanted to post a new update since there are so many feedbacks from the previous chapter. It's a bit dramatic but I tried my best to include a bit of comedy. Anyways, enjoy.

* * * * *

Liam's POV

Everything was weird ever since we came back from the radio interview. Harry won't even bother looking at Louis. And the perky, cheerful Louis I knew just vanished and replaced by this gloomy entity that I don't recognize. Zayn was incredibly happy, literally. He was smiling and it started to creeps me out. And for Niall, he's just silent as if he's gone mute or something. I felt like tonight was going to be a full moon and that's why the lads are acting bizarre.

As I was turning the doorknob on our hotel room, I heard someone calling out for my name. My breath hitched when I saw Niall running towards in my direction.

"What's up, Niall?" I greeted him without losing my cool.

"Can we talk?"

Lub dub. Lub dub. Lub dub.

Suddenly, I had an erratic heartbeat. I could felt all the blood clumped onto my cheeks, giving away a redness shade. My hands started to tremble involuntarily.

Niall had a serious look on his face and it scared the hell out of me. It's not like his usual cheery face. Something was off, definitely.

"Uh, sure," I slowly opened the door, gesturing him to go inside.

The incredibly pitched dark room almost gave me a fright. I quickly moved my hand, crawling into the walls, trying to locate the light switch. When I turned it on, it flickered a bit for a split second before a white light spread onto the room. I instantly noticed the room on one side of the room where it gave me a flashback of what happened earlier, a memory I'd like to erase from my mind, a memory of Niall and myself almost doing intimate.

I slowly peeled off the jacket wrapping around my body, folding it in a mellow manner then put it on top of the bed. I watched as Niall scanned the room, feeling a little bit restless. I assumed he's going to tell me something very important.

"So, what is it Niall?" I asked as I comfortably pressed my ass on the bed.

He turned around and he had this shocked expression in his face.

"So you're not going to tell me?"

"Tell you? What do you mean?" I asked as I felt my eyebrows closing in on one another. Confusion spread within me. I couldn't understand what he's trying to ask me.

"Oh, are we back on lying again?" Niall spat. Betrayal was imprinted in his voice. He was hurt. I could felt it.

"Niall, if Zayn told you something. Don't believe him, he's just trying to get in between us!" I stood up, grabbing his hands, letting him know that whatever he heard wasn't true. I knew that Zayn was going to make his move, I just didn't see it that he would throw me under the bus. If Zayn thought I would give up Niall easily, he's so wrong.

"And now, you're using Zayn as a scapegoat?" Niall had his blue eyes sparkling open wide. He was beyond furious and it scared me. "Liam, you're unbelievable! I never thought you would stoop this low."

Hearing Niall blasting those false accusations felt like a million wooden bats simultaneously beat the crap out of me. Being hurt would definitely an understatement. We've had this before and I don't think he's thinking things clearly.

"Niall, I don't understand what you're saying..." He let go from my grip, started pacing around the hotel room as if his pants were filled with ants.

"At first, I was hurt that you're hiding the truth from me!"

"The truth?" I asked confusedly. "What do you mean? Niall, you're not making sense."

"I know we've had our differences lately but I thought we're friends," Niall looked at me intently. His sparkly crystal blue eyes prickled my eyes looking at it directly, slightly getting watery.

"Of course, we are friends. Niall, you're my best friend in this whole damn world," I said with the utmost sincerity in my tone. I walked towards him and gave him the biggest hug I could ever give.

He pulled away from me immediately.

"Then, how come you didn't tell me that you're married?"

I stood there flabbergasted at what I heard. It felt like I had an out-of-body experience. Being surprised couldn't describe fully what I'm feeling. It took me a while before I could snap myself back to reality. The next thing I knew that Niall was ranting about him not being my friend and hiding things from him, which were not true. He's my friend and he's more than that.

"Niall, shut the fuck up!" I screeched to stop him from the endless crappy rants. Fortunately, he stood there surprised as if he has seen a banshee glaring back at him.

"I'm not married."

His mouth was wide open, trying to form words but unfortunately he couldn't. I watched him as confusion spread through him.

"Where would you get the idea of me getting married?"

"But Louis said..." Niall said weakly.

"That Louis! I'm going to shred him to pieces..." I clenched my fists altogether as rage filled up every fiber of my being. I thought that Louis was on my side and yet he's trying to ruin what I could have with Niall.

Speaking of the devil, we instantly recognize a voice standing outside. My eyes squinted in rage as I saw the familiar face.

"You..." I gritted my teeth as I dragged my feet across the room. I grabbed the collar of Louis' shirt. He immediately shrieked when he felt that I was extremely pissed off. I slammed his back against the wall of the hallway of the hotel.

"How could you do this to me?!" I screamed as I let the rage filled up my existence. At one point, I felt Niall pulling me aside but there's no way I could let go right now. I'm angry, very angry. All I wanted was for Niall and myself to be together. But fate kept getting on my way and I don't understand why.

"Liam, let me go. You're hurting me!" Fear was the only thing that could describe what Louis was feeling.

"I thought you're my friend!"

"You are," Louis answered.

"Then why would you tell Niall a lie?" He glanced at Niall who was pulling me sideways.

"What lie?"

"That I'm married."

"But you are, Liam."

"I so do not!" I screeched, spreading my eyes wide open.

"That's what the fortune teller said."

"Bless your heart, Louis," I shook my head as I put him on the ground. Then, I felt the urge to let out a laugh so loud that it started to freak them out.

"Call an ambulance, Niall. Liam is having a nervous breakdown."

I told Niall everything starting from when we visited a fortune teller a couple of days ago. Louis thought broadcasted wrong information. The fortune that day might happen but there's one thing for sure. I am going to marry Niall.

"So you're not really married?" Niall asked hesitantly.

"No."

"Good," Niall pressed himself against me, placing his world famous Horan hug.

"That's sweet," Louis grinned. "I'm glad that you two are okay after the incident earlier with the bathroom."

"What incident?" I asked curiously. Niall darted a glare towards Louis but Louis wasn't able to pick it up.

"I was really concern how you'd react, Liam," Louis stated plainly.

"About what?"

"That Niall and Zayn are in a relationship..."

And with that, my world started to crumble.