Chapter 13: Shower

The lads were speechless, mortified at what they just heard. They knew Simon was strict but not cruel and malevolent through the bone. The rage Zayn felt kept building. He felt like an active volcano ready to erupt at any second. His palms started to bleed due to his fingers piercing through his palms. It didn't matter how painful that wound was, all he cares about is Niall. He knows from the beginning that Niall likes performing, making people happy through his music. What would happen if Niall heard about this? He would be devastated and Zayn doesn't want to see that.

Harry held on Louis' hand tightly. Louis could tell that Harry was scared for Niall. He puts his another hand to Harry's trembling hand to let him know that everything will be okay. Niall is an integral part of One Direction, he's quite sure that Simon wouldn't do such rash decision. There must be a logical explanation behind this.

Liam sat there speechless, emotionless. It seems the news doesn't want to register on his mind. For two years, Niall has been a major factor of his life. And now, he might lose him forever; he won't let anyone take the reason of his happiness and made him to appreciate life much better.

It's absurd for Simon to pull out Niall just like that. It's not making any sense at all. Zayn immediately stood up. His brow twitched, teeth gritted, and glared at Simon ready to pounce. "You can't do that!" His voice echoed on the whole office, almost shattering lad's eardrums. Simon got startled by the intensity of the voice but composed himself immediately, observing thoroughly at Zayn, and lets out a laugh.

"Just kidding!"

"Just kidding?" Zayn repeated, glancing repeatedly on the room they were in, checking if there are hidden cameras. The lads realized that Simon pulled the biggest prank on them. He even surpassed the King of Pranks, Louis Tomlinson. The intense tension between Simon and the lads dissipated and replaced by the tickling laugh hovering on the office.

"You almost had us," Louis laughing hysterically, tears were forming in his eyes.

"Nice one, Simon." Harry added.

Liam wiped off the cold sweats on his forehead; his irregular heartbeat returns back to normal. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"However..." Simon's smiling face became serious in seconds, seeing this, lads got worried, thinking it was another prank. Simon glanced to Zayn, who was looking intently at him, to Harry and Louis, whose their hands were interlocked together, and lastly to Liam who's mortified face was about to explode.

"Just say it already. You're killing us with suspense!" Zayn complained.

"However..." Simon started once again. "You still need to start with the North America tour."

"But you just said ---" Harry whined, lets go his grip on Louis' hand. He was hoping that Simon would change his mind.

"I believed I said that I won't pull out Niall anymore but I never said anything about canceling the tour." He said with an authoritative tone. The lads immediately realize how serious Simon is.

"We can't just leave Niall," Liam said with a calm tone. He doesn't want to aggregate Simon more than he already was. He doesn't mind going on endless and exhausting tour as long as Niall was on it.

"I'm not asking you to abandon Niall. You have responsibilities." Simon said with same calm tone as Liam, looking intently to Liam and hoping he would understand where he's coming from. "We can't cancel the tour however I can postpone it for at least three weeks."

The lad's faces start to light up and the whole room was covered in a delighted screams. Harry was jumping down as if there's a spring on his heels. Zayn covered his face by his hands, having tears of joy. Louis started to do a boxer's move, jabbing here and there in mid-air. "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" And Liam walked towards to Simon and starts shaking his hand repeatedly and never wanted to let go of his hand.