Chapter 34: The Three Lettered Word

I decided to post an update before I got busy again. Two quizzes next week, two homework, and one lab report so yeah I will be extremely busy. I missed those times when I have to do is sit in front of my TV and just enjoy channel surfing lol.

Anyways, this chapter is mainly Ziall. I do hope that you guys will still like it. I tried to make it interesting as much as I can but it's already 1:30 in the morning and I'm a little bit sleepy. Enjoy reading! :)

Just wanna share, this Glee song got stuck on my head. That Kate Hudson song, Americano/Dance Again :D

* * * * * 

Zayn's POV

Seeing him cry literally broke my heart in two. If there's only one thing I could wish was to take all of his pain away and threw it outside the window so he could be return to the normal and perky Niall that everyone adores.

I slowly reached out my hand and rubbed my thumb against his cheekbone. He had a startling reaction that made him back away. He quickly wiped the tears coming out from his eyes.

"I didn't know where this came from." He chuckled. He tried concealing his feelings but I knew better than that.

I just smiled at him. "You like him, don't you?"

His crystal blue eyes widened in shock and so his mouth.

"How did you know?" He said as he tears filled up at the corner of his eyes. Not a moment later, it rolled down against his cheeks. The sight of him crying was excruciatingly unbearable for me to witness. If Niall only knew that I would rather die than see him in pain.

"I... I knew at some point but I wasn't exactly sure if it's true or not." I said as I watched those tears dried on his skin. "Liam was a lucky guy." I let out a big sigh of disappointment.

"It doesn't matter anyway. He's with Danielle. There is no way I could compete with that..." He said as a chuckle escape from his mouth. From the sound of it, he felt betrayed somehow. "Besides, Liam only sees me as a friend and that's about it." He ended with a gloomy tone.

My heart started to race and somehow an opportunity revealed itself. A huge wave of courage filled up my existence and I will take this chance to tell Niall how I really feel. It's do or die.

"You know Niall, there's someone out there who wants you to be more than a friend." I said calmly as I tried to control the involuntary trembling of my hand and the irregular heartbeat inside my chest.

"Who?" His reaction changed in an instant. His eyebrows were closing in one another as his mouth twitched in anticipation.

The moment of truth is here.

"Me." I said as I felt my soul left my body and witnessed the whole thing. I wondered if I did the right thing on telling him the truth.

His serious expression turned into a humorous one in a matter of a minute. His Irish laugh bounced off inside the car and I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. He laughed until his pale white complexion turned into a darker shade of pink.

He clutched his stomach to control his body that was shaking tremendously from laughing too much. He wiped his eyes from tears forming in his eye from laughing as well.

"Hah, that was a nice laugh. I definitely needed that. Thanks, Zayn."

I then realized what he meant. Niall actually thought that I was joking. Somehow, I felt offended.

Don't tempt me, Niall.

But when Niall met my gaze, he started laughing again. I could feel my skin burning up from the embarrassment. There's only one thing I could do to shut him up.

I leaned forward without him knowing and I shoved my tongue inside his mouth. The sensation of touching his tongue was once in a lifetime experience at least for me. My body began to shake out of excitement. I explored his whole mouth as my tongue danced into his. A tingly feeling filled up my body as my heart pound harder inside my chest. That stolen kiss lasted for a couple seconds before Niall pushed me away.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!" He said angrily as he wiped his hand over his mouth. Ferocity was literally drawn on his crystal blue eyes. His teeth were gritted in anger.

Panic stricken through me as cold sweats escaped through my pores. For the first time in my life, I was speechless. I tried to form words but no voice coming out of my mouth. As those crystal blue eyes pierced through my existence, I once again became powerless.

"I...I... like you... Niall..."

His expression changed once again. I could tell that he understood what I'm trying to say. His eyes revealed how surprised he was on what he just heard.

"How? When? Why?" He asked as he placed his hand on mine that was covering my face.

I slowly put down my hand as Niall shifted his hand under my chin and gently push it upward, meeting our gazes. His sincere and genuine innocent face made me really guilty on stealing that kiss on him.

"I don't know... It gradually happened when you became my nicotine patch." I explained as I focused on his oceanic blue eyes. "Then it grew and grew everyday but I tried to hide it. But when you came out weeks ago, I thought that I might have a chance with you."  I said as I took  my gaze away from him but I was discreetly catching a glimpse at the corner of  my eye, waiting anxiously on what he's going to do but to my surprise a smile displayed itself on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked confusedly as I tilted my head towards his direction.

"It's just hard to believe that you, Zayn Malik, would feel something like this." He said as his smile grew even wider and I took it as a good sign.

 Could it be? It might be...

I leaned forward once more to kiss him but he had a different reaction. He moved sideways to avoid my lips and I was extremely crushed.

"What on earth are you trying to pull?!" He said as he crossed his arms in front of him and raising his eye brow at me.

"I thought..." I said as confusion seeps through my brain.

"Just because you're hot doesn't mean you can pull anything on me!" He growled as quickly turned his back away from me.

Those words echoed through my ears but then I immediately the three lettered word that made my heart flutter. I knew at that moment that I might have a chance with Niall. Unconsciously, a smile grew on my face this time.

A moment later, Niall looked at me and was annoyed on the grinning smile plastered on my face.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

 "I figured out something." I said as my smile grew even wider that you could almost stuffed ten pieces of oreos inside my mouth.

"What?!" He asked annoyingly.

"That you like me."

Niall gasped on what he just heard. "Wait, how did you know?"

"You just called me hot!"

* * * * *

Any thoughts you want to share?