Chapter 52: Bee Mine

Niall's POV

Last night was the most horrifying night I've ever experienced. It doesn't feel right to do that to Liam. To tell you the truth, it's just plain wrong, to hurt him like that. There's no way I could explain it to him without hurting him. I'm hoping that he would find in his heart to forgive after I inflict a massive damage to his heart. I do hope we could still be friends after what happened.

I rolled over to the bed and I felt I was completely alone. The night before, I moved to Zayn's room considering what I did to Liam. I'm sure he doesn't want to share a bed that's why I moved temporarily to Zayn. Besides, he's my boyfriend. Hearing me say the word 'boyfriend,' made me want to squeal until my cheeks turned into a shade of crimson.

The noise in the room made me want to get up and to my surprise, I saw Harry looking for something on the table.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just looking at this," Harry pointed at a carton bucket with red stripes on the side. He lifted up and my eyes widened in excitement as soon as I realized what it was.

"KFC bucket," I said enthusiastically. "Who's it from?"

"Hmmm, don't know," Harry wondered. He picked up some kind of a small white card on top of it.

"What is it?"

"How sweet," Harry grinned widely then looked back at me.

"What?" I asked confusedly as I felt my eyebrows closing in on one another.

"Come here, read this," Harry gestured me to come closer. As curious as I was, I climbed down the bed and walked towards Harry. He handed me the card and I was dumbfounded to see a hand drawn bee and the word 'mine' beneath it. Then, I looked back at Harry confusedly because I really don't know what it meant.

"So?"

"What do you mean 'so?'" Harry growled at me. "Don't you get it?"

"No, should I?" I shook my head in disagreement. Harry grabbed the card away from my hand harshly. "Hey!"

Harry pointed the bee and said, "Bee." Then he slid down his index finger on the word and said, "Mine."

It took a couple of seconds before it registered to my thick skull. It made me smile so hard that my cheeks started to hurt and I knew at that moment where it came from. Although this was new to me, the feeling of having that someone special in your life made the quality of my life even better. I knew Zayn was sweet but not this super sweet. Well, I'm glad that he was.

I flipped that card over and there was a message. I read it silently.

Niall, the love of my life,

I got up early this morning so I could buy you a bucket of chicken. I hope you're gonna like this one though. Ever since I met you a lot changed in me. Although two years is not that long but I'm willing to spend a lifetime knowing the things that made you smile and the things that made you really upset. I just want you to know one thing from now on, that I will love you until the day I die.

                                    - Zayn, the idiot who was completely in love with you

No matter how hard I restrained myself from smiling, I couldn't. It's too hard, but who cares. Reading his letter to me made me want to cry, out of joy of course. I never knew he had it in him, the softness and sweetness. People always thought that Zayn was this bad boy façade but the truth was the opposite. He's a compassionate person who would protect people in his life. Although, the bad boy image has its perks but his personality counted as well. It made him for who he was and I like every single thing about him. Scratch that, maybe some things that I don't like but I'm hoping it wouldn't hinder our relationship.

"Hello? Earth to Niall?" Harry waved relentlessly in front of my face. It took me by surprised, making me to take a step back, got startled by Harry. I never realized that I was spacing out, getting lost in my thoughts.

"What?"

"You're like a freaking statue. An idiotic, smiling statue, if I may add," Harry grinned. I grinned as well. "I always knew that you're going to pick Zayn."

"Wait, how did you---"

"Liam told me."

With that, a flashback of horrible night flashed before my very eyes. That night was not my finest moment but there's nothing I could do for him but try my best to seek his forgiveness.

"You think he's going to forgive me?" I asked weakly, studying Harry's expression.

"Absolutely not!" Harry responded not a moment later. I felt my jaw dropped to the ground. "That guy was desperately in love with you since day one and now that you pick another guy so I don't think he would forgive you as long as he live."

"Harry!" I said flabbergasted. I was hurt when he said what he said but there's truth in his statement. I kind of like knew Liam's feelings from the beginning but I never acted on it because at that time I knew it would be weird for two guys to be together and I was facing my own demon, my confusing sexuality. And now that I've slaughtered the demon that was haunting me, I've picked another guy except him, I'd completely understand if Liam was completely harboring vengeful feelings towards me.

"I was just joking," Harry laughed, clutching his stomach from laughing so hard. "Of course, he's going to forgive you at some point. Niall, you're his One Thing."

"I'm his what?" I asked as I felt my eyebrow climbed out of confusion.

"His One Thing. You're his kryptonite," Harry added.

"Why are you quoting our song?"

"Because it's the truth. No matter what you do is golden to Liam," Harry explained.

But another thought comes to mind and it has a sickening feeling to my gut. I grabbed Harry's hand tightly that made him startled.

"What the hell, Niall?!"

"You've never told anyone, haven't you?" I glared at Harry. My fingers were digging through his skin.

"No, why?" Harry was still looking weird back at me.

"I don't want people to know about us, just yet. Not especially the management," Harry nodded, letting me know that he completely understood where I was coming from. He and Louis had it real hard when the management first found out. I couldn't even begin how hard it was. Luckily, they were able to convince the people behind the management. For me, I'm not there yet. First, I have to convince an inconvincible person in my life before I told the management.

And that person is my father...